Property Q&A in Downtown>Question Details

jgalpin78, Other/Just Looking in New Haven, CT

Hey there, one question. It says hoa monthly fee of $983; shouldn't that amount say a yearly fee? Thanks

Asked by jgalpin78, New Haven, CT Thu Nov 8, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3099679476-100-York-St-14P-Ne…

Answers

4
My recollection is that the monthly fee includes the water fees, sewer fees, heat, and property taxes. It also covers trash removal and general maintenance for the building (staffing, maintaining the large laundry room, landscaping). Purchase prices are sufficiently low that one could regard $1K a month as a fairly good deal considering that you'd be living downtown, a hop skip and a jump to pretty much anything one might need in daily life. It's a lot of money but since you can buy an apartment for so little, it clearly kind of evens out for a lot of people. (Particularly, I think, people who don't have cars.)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
That IS the MONTHLY fee....
That is correct, the 100 York Street HOA is high since the purchase price is so low for a central New Haven location. Call to discuss how I may represent your interests as a buyer agent. Est. 1996.
So, what exactly does the HOA fee include?
Flag Fri Nov 9, 2012
No, HOA / Condo fees are paid monthly.
I just find it extemely difficult to believe that the fee in that complex is almost a thousand dollars a month. There's just no way, considering the quality of the residence.
Flag Thu Nov 8, 2012