How To... in Pennsylvania>Question Details

Abel, Home Buyer in Lancaster, PA

Hello all: We have a farm property and we want to use part of the property as a motel. Is this possible? Thanks

Asked by Abel, Lancaster, PA Tue Oct 4, 2011

Any difference between residential, commercial and farm properties? Does the motel has to be a commercial property? What will happen if the bank gave us the loan as a residential property and now we want to use it as a Motel?

Help the community by answering this question:


Good Morning Abel,
There is a difference in these types of properties. You would need to contact your local township or borough. There you can find out what the zoning is and what uses are permitted. Depending on the area where you live they may allow you to apply for a varience. Giving you special permission. I could see them being more flexibile and allowing a bed and breakfast but a motel is a much larger project. You never know until you ask!

Best of luck.
Amber Williams
Realtor, e-Pro
Prudential Rittenhouse Realty Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 4, 2011
Your best bet is to check with your township / borough to see what kind of zoning your property /neighborhood has. They will also be able to guide in the process of applying to have a motel built on your property, if it is allowed.

Berit Di Vito
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 4, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer