Property Q&A in Newburgh>Question Details

Sfr, Home Buyer in Washington Heights,...

Hello - This house looks nice, but has no photos. Can you provide some of interior, yard, etc? Thank you

Asked by Sfr, Washington Heights, New York, NY Sun Nov 18, 2012

Details of public rooms, bed rooms, kitchen, baths

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3046110757-111-North-St-Newbu…

Answers

2
I know this house well. First and foremost sit down if you are standing...This home is slammed with $11,000+ TAXES. It is not something out of a horror movie, those are the "usual" Newburgh taxes. So before this discussion goes any further ask yourself: "SELF, are you on board with me on this endeavour?"
The next thing is that it is a short sale, the house has an extensive damage, including but not limited to freeze damage, and the only way to buy it is with cash or rehab loan.
So let me know if you are still interested and I will help you with it. I have a large flashlight and good work boots and I will recommend same outfit for you.
If you are up to a new venture of this kind please describe it to me and I will make sure you have the right info first.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
Hello, Katja - Thanks so much for your reply. Taxes where I live are about the same, so, yes, it is a shock, but maybe I could deal with it. I figured there was a reason for no interior photos so am not surprised to hear about damage. Question is: is it worth it? Is the property historic/quirky enough (which is what I'm looking for) and is the price right to warrant extensive renovations? I would be paying cash or would look into rehab loan, but have to sell my current house first. I love old houses which retain original character, and prefer to do my own renovations, as those done by other people are often not to my taste. So that's my focus. If you think this house would be of interest to me, let me know. I live about an hour away, due south.
I appreciate your information - much more than what's provided in the listing.
Thanks again.
Susan
Flag Sun Nov 18, 2012
If your interest in the property is high, rather than waiting for pictures why not simply schedule a showing and see all firsthand; or contact the listing agent...