Property Q&A in 92083>Question Details

C., Real Estate Pro in Antioch, IL

Hello. I'm looking for a reliable, English-speaking lawn maintenance company. I have a condo in Vista. Any recommendations?

Asked by C., Antioch, IL Thu Dec 12, 2013

Answers

2
Ha, good luck on this question. Vista is a very heavy Hispanic community and almost all garden and yard maintenance services are hard working Spanish speaking folks. My bi lingual and very handy all around Hispanic Handy Man has been working for me for 27 years on my one acre Vista property and I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

When I first hired him he couldn't speak a work of English. But over the years we began teaching each other by sharing a word a week with one another. You'd be surprised how much English he's learned and how much Spanish I've learned.

Now I'm almost fluent in Espanol and he in English. I've even paid for him to attend Palomar Community College and study English which he has taken quite seriously. The Hispanics I've come to know over the decades I've lived in Vista are the most honest and hard working folks I know and I don't hesitate to call on them for any maintenance or construction chore.

I'd be happy to share him with you if you would like to contact me privately. My email is onthelevel@cox.net and my cell is 760 815-6977,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
Smart man to take you up on your offer to study English. And you are wise to recognize the valuable asset you have. Thank you, John. Yes, I will be in touch.
Cherie
Flag Fri Dec 13, 2013
What size yard do you have on your condo? Is it just cutting grass or are there trees to trim and other plants to maintain? How much were you thinking per month? Is everything on an automatic sprinkler system?
Hi Tony,

The condo in Vista has a lawn area of approx. 1600 sq ft. Yes, there is an automatic/programmable sprinkler. I'm looking for simple lawn maintenance (weed n feed fertilizing, overseeding, mowing, weed wacking. I am thinking $15 to $20 per servicing. I can send you a photo if that would help. Thank you for replying. Cherie
Flag Fri Dec 13, 2013