Property Q&A in Anchorage>Question Details

isis3240, Other/Just Looking in Anchorage, AK

Has the subflooring and wall studs been tested for black mold? I understand that the condo flooded over a year ago.

Asked by isis3240, Anchorage, AK Sun Apr 1, 2012

I was informed that the condo flooded and had standing water and a leak in it for over a year before the water was shut off.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3057498921-4366-Reka-Dr-Ancho…

Answers

3
This is a foreclosure. It is very unlikely this has had any tests for mold by the current Seller. This would be for the Buyer to investigate and decide whether or not they care to deal with it as it is highly unlikely that the Seller will. Foreclosures are normally as-is, where-is & with all faults.
I doubt that it has been tested as it is an "as-is" sale. If the water has been standing and leaking for that long it should be checked out and mitigated before purchased. I think that condo has an active HOA and I am surprised to hear that a leak would go undetected for that long. Have your agent check with them also to see if they have any additional information. It will probably be a buyers cost to have it checked but it really is necessary. Good luck.
This is a foreclosure sold as is. The banks don't provide an inspection report. I have been in there and it defInitely smells like mold!