Property Q&A in Dyer>Question Details

Jesse, Both Buyer and Seller in Dyer, IN

Has anyone else had a Radon inspection done? I would love to know what the results were.

Asked by Jesse, Dyer, IN Thu Jun 25, 2009

Im looking at a house and it got tested for radon and results came back with a 3.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1080514314-2733-Howard-Castle…

Answers

1
Dear Jesse, In ten years since I've started in real estate I've yet to have one buyer get a radon inspection. The reason is this. Radon exists everywhere just in different concentrations. And, from all indications, radon remediation is a painless and not too costly procedure. The company who performed your radon inspection should have given you something to help you interpret the results. If they did not, I would be happy to look at your results and contact several companies who do radon inspections. By talking to several I would feel more comfortable about what the results mean. Obviously any ONE radon inspection service might make the results sound very scary in an effort to have you use their services for remediation whereas repeated interpretations from multiple companies, if they all give you the same advice, is likely to be closer to accurate. Please call me with any concerns you have in purchasing a home or selling your existing home. As a full time REALTOR(R) you'll never wait to hear from me until I get home from my "other" job. My number and email address can be found on my website.