Property Q&A in SoHo>Question Details

pboyer, Renter in New York, NY

Got on craigslist for apartment rentals. Claim they will rent this one (100 Greene Street #5W, NYC) for $100/nt. Is this a scam??? Thanks 4 your help.

Asked by pboyer, New York, NY Mon Sep 16, 2013

Answers

4
More than likely a scam; for scam related information see link http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/05/rentalscam.shtm
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
More than likely its a scam. Was there a number for you to call?

If you are looking for a rental may be I can help. Send me an email or call me to discuss further.

Akilah Williams
646-243-4516
Akilahw@nestseekers.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
Akilah:
Thank you for the heads up... got to a point where there was too much availability with replies that had plenty of grammatical errors and well under priced for the unit.
Yes, I am looking for an available place to rent but only for five nights. October 10th thru October 15th. Need only the one bedroom since it is just my wife and I. It is a surprise 25th anniversary gift for her since she has never been to NYC. One reason I am looking for an apartment/condo compared to a hotel room is that I am somewhat claustrophobic... I know, bad place to look for a large, roomy place to stay. Big windows and good sized main room are somewhat a must. Bedroom, not as important to be roomy. Still willing to help me??? If not, no worries. I appreciate your original reply. Peter
Flag Mon Sep 16, 2013
Maybe. Please contact me for assistance. My name is Rhea and I can be reached at 917-651-6876 or 212-714-1027. Thank you and good luck.
Very likely. There are lots of CL scams for short term or vacation type rentals. Whatever you do, don't send money.