Property Q&A in Milwaukee>Question Details

dashingnite, Home Buyer in Milwaukee, WI

Enforcemet of court order leins when bank has forclosed on property?

Asked by dashingnite, Milwaukee, WI Tue Jun 12, 2012

I am looking for info on what department and who to contact for bank of america to make sure a court order lien filed against a property in Milwaukee Co. that was foreclosed by the bank. I check the public record of wisconsin and it shows it was foreclosed on by the bank. Fedral home mortgege corp; but the address is for Bank of America. A realtor had been given the property to sell; however when I call the realtor they told me: it was not listed yet and the back was not finish with the documents. So I want to make sure I get paid what is owed to me.

Answers

3
You may be out of luck. Most junior liens are wiped out with the foreclosure. Taxes are not junior liens, but most other items are.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 12, 2012
You can hire a title company to check the paper trail.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 12, 2012
I would contact your attorney. The senior lien holder will be clearing title of all liens. I'm not sure exactly how they do that, but I think all junior lien holders will get $0.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 12, 2012