Property Q&A in Pittsfield>Question Details

ashley_belair, Renter in Pittsfield, MA

Does this home have a rent to own option?

Asked by ashley_belair, Pittsfield, MA Fri Sep 13, 2013

Through owner

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3085721581-94-Parker-St-Pitts…

Answers

3
Hi, Ashley,
Because the market has turned around quite a bit here, sellers are very reluctant these days to take a rent to own when they can probably find a straight sale. They may even use an offer you present to motivate another buyer to make an offer involving no such option. Competing offers are back in action here.

As a listing broker, I would ask why you are interested in a rent to own as opposed to financing a sale? If you have credit issues, a seller would find that anyway when they ran a credit check and they very likely would reject your offer. If is is a matter of getting your finances in order before buying, I STRONGLY recommend contacting one of our terrific small local lenders. They are adept at coaching buyers so that they end up in a comfortable financial position and are truly prepared for home ownership.

Now is a great time to buy, before interest rates and prices go up further. But, it would not be wise to put yourself in peril financially just because of timing. You may be better off waiting just a bit until everything is sorted out. Good luck on your home search when the time comes!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer and to save time and money.
(I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro if you want help doing so.)

In general, the best one to answer this is the owner.
The listing broker can ask, if it isn't stated as an option.
However, most owners will allow the inclusion of rent to own language in the listing , if they are willing to consider it.
And, most sellers are not interested in becoming landlords - thus the listing for sale rather than for rent.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Hi Ashley, Unfortunately your question has been directed to me and I would love to be able to help you. However, I am a real estate agent on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida. I am sure someone in your area will be very helpful to you. Good Luck.

If you ever decide to move to Florida I would love to help you.
Denise Sancranti- Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 14, 2013