Property Q&A in Stoughton>Question Details

Cory, Home Buyer in Rockford, IL

Does the yahara river connect to lake Kegonsa? What are the property taxes?

Asked by Cory, Rockford, IL Fri Dec 26, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1071950353-2095-Yahara-Dr-Sto…

Answers

4
Cory,
Steve is right on. I live on Waubesa and it would be difficult to travel up-stream on Yahara, but my dad has made that trip as a kid!!
Jim
Cory,

FYI - regarding your question...if you are wondering if you can get to the lake from this point in the yahara river, the answer is no. There is a dam at williams drive and even though there is a lock on that dam (which would require you to manually operate it - which i have not seen done in my 30+ years on the lake (we have a summer home on Kegonsa) you would not make it under the railroad tracks - even with a canoe because 1. the water is too shallow and 2. if it was not shallow there would be NO way you would make the low overhead clearance.

If you look for a home on Kegonsa, know that you would not be able to travel from kegonsa to lake waubesa in a boat - unless the water level was very high. I have attempted it in a wave runner this year and last and only when very high is it possible and then still a little risky. Once you pass the last bridge before mud lake (E. Dyreson Rd, suspension bridge) there are many sunken objects (rocks, old wooded foot bridges) that make it difficult and striking these objects in all but highest waters (at beginning of season or in floods) makes this trip unlikely. Seeing these things less than 2ft under the water is sure to make you more than a little nervous... You will then have to contend with same kind of locks once you reach waubesa, but they are in better condition than those on williams drive...

Boats can make it through when water is very high but be prepared for nicks in your prop at the least...and go very slow - no faster than idle.

Steve
Hi Cory,
Yes the Yahara River connects with Lake Kegonsa in Stoughton, WI. The mill rate is about $16.99 per $1,000. As a long term resident and Real Estate professional, I would be happy to answer any further questions you may have regarding this area.

Valerie Wersland
Right On Target Real Estate LLC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 26, 2008
The Yahara does connect with Lake Kegonsa on the North-East side. The mil rate in Stoughton is approximately $16.99/thousand. There are a few properties for sale on the lake. Contact me for a list!