Property Q&A in Old Town>Question Details

kelseyymorgan, Other/Just Looking in Alexandria, VA

Does the condo come fully furnished or will the buyer have to supply his own furniture?

Asked by kelseyymorgan, Alexandria, VA Mon Feb 25, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3101330504-1250-S-Washington-…

Answers

2
Dear Kelsey Morgan:

Unless noted the furniture usually is not part of the transaction. Nevertheless the Seller might consider selling some of their furniture to expedite the transaction. The furnture is considerered chattels (person property) and must be conveyed by a bill of sale. The mortgage lenders will not finance personal property. The only exception is that on the East Coast the refrigator is considered to be a fixture and conveys with the property.

I would be happy to show you this unit and negotiate for the sale of the furniture for you.

Please contact me at (703) 310-7880 or bob@bobtherealtor.pro. Bob Lepelletier - Broker - Associate at Keller Williams Realty - Alexandria/Kingstowne Office, 6408 Grovedale Drive #101, Alexandria, VA 22310 PS: I live down the GW Parkway from their in the Belle View neighborhood.
Hi

Unless it is noted in the sales contract furniture does not convey with the home.

Hope this helps

Melissa