Property Q&A in Nashua>Question Details

Lisa, Both Buyer and Seller in Nashua, NH

Does the association allow the yard to be fenced?

Asked by Lisa, Nashua, NH Thu Jan 22, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1071812408-25-Farmwood-Dr-Nas…

Answers

3
Hi Lisa,

You ask, "Does the association allow the yard to be fenced?". The answer is no, and they have the power to do that because you are not buying the land, just the building. Because they own the land, they make the rules and can pretty well tell you what you can and can't do. Likely YOU will also have to "pass" their scrutiny and although you may have no issues with that, whoever you ultimately choose to SELL the unit to--some time in the future--will also have to go through their character checks. Often this step makes a unit harder to sell when you are ready.

And although the home appears to be a house, it is factory built and stands on a minimal foundation of cement blocks, and would be considered by most a double-wide trailer.

I am not a big fan of these mobile home parks for consumers. In general they are huge, and they tend to have a large population of children. I am leaning toward mischief issues here, and think you should call the local police and ask if that is or has been an issue.

You will be paying your mortgage of roughly $700, plus insurance, plus city, county and state property taxes, and then another $385 per month land rent to the "park operators". I would say that your budget will need to be $1,500 to $1,600 per month before you buy heat, electricity, phone, cable etc, etc.

If you are willing to spend that kind of money, my advice is to look a little further and you will find older homes on their own land, or newish condos that are solidly built that may even include garages.

Good Luck,

Dane
Good Morning Lisa,

With a land lease community, eslpecialy one that cuts the grass, fences hinder lawn cutting. Some communities do allow fences in the rear of teh yard as long as you put in 2 four foot gates (one on each side). This particular community does not allow this. There are communities and other options available now that prices have fallen to these incredible bargains. Your first step should be to get prequailified through a local and trusted lender to see what programs you quailify for as well as what sales price. If you need any asisstance please feel free to email or call me. good luck with your search.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Hello Lisa,

Unfortunately this residential community does not allow you to fence the yard. Do you have a pet? Children? I'd be happy to assist you with finding a suitable home in the area. Feel free to give me a call if I can be of further assistance.

Catherine Condon
Broker MA & NH
Integrity Residential Brokerage
(978)433-0000 x14
(978)314-6285
Web Reference: http://www.Integrity-RB.com