Property Q&A in Alexandria>Question Details

Leeann, Home Buyer in Alexandria, VA

Does full basement mean you can stand? Basement unfinished? approx. size of basement? 36 sq. ft.?

Asked by Leeann, Alexandria, VA Sat Feb 11, 2012

Optional details about your question

This question is about this property:…

You will benefit tremendously from working with a Realtor, these basic construction terms and basic code requirement can be explained by most Realtors.

Feel free to call our office or visit our website

Web Reference:
Leann - I am not sure where the 36 sq ft number is coming from, as the listing in the local MLS shows the below grade square footage as 806 sq ft. The listing goes on to describe this as an unfinished cellar, so standing height would need to be determined.

I hope this helps and let me know if I can be of any additional service.

AJ Heidmann
McEnearney Associates, Inc.
Arlington, VA 22207
Web Reference:

Interesting, if the space is only 36sqft it maybe just an underground utility room where the hvac, water heater, etc are. The only houses that come to mind with a cellar type room (lower ceilings) like that, happen to be in the same zip code of the only you are inquiring about. Full basement should mean you can stand; unfinished; it could be from raw pour concrete/cinder block foundation to already framed and insulated but not finished wall.

If you are not working with a Realtor already, feel free to contact me in order to serve your best interest in the purchase of your home.

Maridol Garcia-Joy, Realtor, ABR, CAS, ASP
Long & Foster Real Estate Inc.
Alexandria /Kingstowne Center
5911 Kingstowne Village Pkwy Ste 100
Alexandria VA 22315
Cell 703-655-0777
Fax 703-922-8835
Full basement means that it is as big or just under the size of the main house, unfinished means there has not been any walls put up or rooms constructed. 36sf is nothing but a 6x6 ft hole. I hope this helps.