Property Q&A in 85262>Question Details

Lili, Real Estate Pro in Stuart, FL

Does anyone know what is going on in the market for rio verde foothills?

Asked by Lili, Stuart, FL Wed Jun 13, 2012

I am out of state and own property in rio verde foothills(154th pl and skinner) What is hapening in the market there?

Answers

12
Lili,
If you can hang on for awhile the market is trending up.. If you have a home (not just land) I would suggest you rent it for a year or two. I believe you will get a much better return on your investment...

Talk to you soon,
Karlene
Broker for A-Aa-1 Realty
602-376-3245 cell
Hello Lili,

As one of the leading Real Estate Agent's in the Rio Verde Foothills area, over the past 10+ years, I have assisted numerous clients in the purchase and sale of homes and land. I am actively selling homes and land in Rio Verde Foothills.

Land prices are slowly on the rise, with an expected increase of 5% to 10% by year end.

Currently, 1.0 - 1.25 acre lots, that have water from a well or shared well, are selling between $30,000 to $50,000, with multiple acreage parcels selling in the $25,000 - $35,000 range.

It may be several years before we see $200,000 per acre, again. As a fellow Rio Verde land owner and resident, I wish that time would come sooner than later.

If you have additional questions, or would like my assistance in selling your property, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Brian K. Lynch, pc
West USA Realty
602-390-1877
brianklynch1@gmail.com
As you have heard from the other posters here, the market is changing.

I wonder if your property is vacant land? If it is, unfortunately it is still difficult to purchase or sell vacant parcels unless you have the cash or are willing to carry the financing.

On the bright side, new home sales are returning and that bodes well for holders of vacant parcels. But I think Rio Verde Foothills is still a ways behind new homes in communities. If you are in a hurry to sell, I know some small builders that might be interested. Or you can just keep your eye on the market.
There are 8 active listings as of today...
13 solds within the last 6 months...
7 Pending sales as of today... 5 of them are short sales

If you want all the properties sent to you for your review, just email me and I will send them to you...

KarleneYourBroker@cox.net

Karlene
A-Aa-1 Realty
Hi Lili:

I too live in the Rio Verde Foothills, near 156th & Dynamite and can also attest that inventory is low and prices are up.

To give you an idea, my neighbor was weighing whether to refi or sell. They purchased in 2006 for around $360,000, have just added a pool, landscaping, and a nice garage with loft in 2007, and the appraisal just came back at $515,000. While they were quite surprised, once they saw what they could get for the same price (which is nothing in comparison), they opted to go with the refi and will now save $800/month on their payment.

Just this past weekend I sent out an extensive report to my clients (20 pages) regarding the Phoenix/Scottsdale market, along with information on where we are headed and why the inventory is so low. If you would like this information, please just let me know.

Have a great day!

Connie Clark, CIAS, CSSN, CNE
Realty One Group
480-298-3635 (Cell)
cac777@cox.net
http://www.HouseHangout.com
Hi Lili,
I have a home in Granite Mountain Ranch (144th St and Rio Verde Dr.). We built our home in 2005...that the top of the market. A lot of folks have decided to lease out their home instead of selling right now. The market is still soft in the Rio Verde area but slowly recovering.
I have to say the scenery, mountain views and privacy of the area still sells itself. Call me if you like more of an update on the area.

Sherry Kesling
Broker Associate
HomeSmart
480-216-7634
Hi Lili
The market has improved there as well as most of the valley. In Rio Verde hauled water, shared well are certain factors in value as well as horse privileges/set up, views, condition, paved road vs dirt road all factors in valuing your home. The market is strong due to inventory lows. Sellers are seeing the benefit of higher interest and better pricing due to this. Strategic placement on the market will bring you best results. I offer a free consultation if you'd like specific details on what your goals are.
Laura Myers
AZ Real Estate Consultants
Keller Williams AZ Realty
480-600-6213
lauramyers@kw.com
Hello Lili,
Property values in the Rio Verde are increasing accordingly, as they are in all areas of Maricopa
County. Are you interested in Selling your property or renting it out??? I can assist you with a specific Comparison Market Report of your home. I am a licensed agent of 18+ years and actually live in Rio Verde, very near by off of 144th Street. I will be happy to assist you with your concerns. I look forward to your reply. Sincerely
Mary Cutaia
Realty One Group
mcutaia@realtyoneaz.com
480-620-1339
Hi Lili:

Rio Verde Foothills area is still suffering from a large number of distressed properties,either Lender Owned or Short Sales.
Although segments of 85262 area have shown recovery, Rio Verde is still negative.
Do you have a home to sell there? Would you like me to send you some comps? Please let me know the address and I will send you information.

John Trojan
Realty Executives International
480-577-0192 Direct
Lili,

There are 93 active single family homes currently on the market ranging from $165,000-$1,950,000. The market in the entire Valley has picked up quite a bit this year. Please contact me at 602-300-3751 and I will be happy to discuss the market in much greater detail.

Bill Potolicchio
HomeSmart Real Estate
602-300-3751
Hello Lili,

I live on 141st and Cavedale and I work this area. The market in this area is very hot. If you would like to find out what your property is worth please contact me and I will give you the information. I have been a Realtor for over 13 years and I have lived in this area since 1999. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Have an AWESOME day!

Vivien L Biggs PLC
602-615-9137
Prudential Arizona Properties

Check MLS for homes on my website
http://www.realestatecore.com/
Lili,

Good morning/afternoon. There has been some movement in the market, and definitely buyers are looking, I have sold several homes in the Rio Verde Foothills. Are you thinking about selling? Please feel free to contact me at 480-620-5738 or tfahl@cox.net - Teresa Fahl, Prudential Arizona Properties