Property Q&A in 54660>Question Details

Demberly Mcd…, Real Estate Pro in Tomah, WI

Do you think it is a good or bad time with the economy for someone new to get into the real estate business and start selling?

Asked by Demberly Mcdonald, Tomah, WI Wed Nov 16, 2011

Answers

4
I think it;s a great time! It takes some time to really learn what you need to know in this business, and you can learn while waiting for the market to turn around a bit, and hit the ground running when it does. There are a lot of Realtors who have decided not to continue in the business, so there will be less competition for those who remain. I really believe there is great opportunity if you keep a long term perspective and realize that it will take time to build a busines. I would be happy to chat about it... Just give me a call.

It IS a good life!

Chris
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 16, 2011
It's always a good time to get into the real estate business :) However, each person will define 'good' or 'bad' in their own way based on their current financial position, expectations and goals.
If i was currently employed, i would start now but only part time while keeping my job. If i was not currently employed I would jump into a real estate career full speed ahead.
I think the best thing for anyone considering a career in real estate to do is to sit down with a Realtor they trust (or a couple Realtors if they don't know any) and that has been in the business for a while. Find out the good, the bad, and the ugly and see if it's a fit.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 16, 2011
Demberly,
You've been in the business for over three years! Do you think 'Now is a great time to get into the real estate business and start selling?"

Did the agents your consulted give you the guidance you needed?
Did you part time or jump into the deep end?
Did they paint a rosy or gloomy picture for you?
What would you tell a 'starry eyed' mug-womp today?
It is a better time to get started than 3 or 4 years ago!