rogier_van_es, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Do you also have a floorplan of your appartment?

Asked by rogier_van_es, New York, NY Thu Aug 16, 2012

This question is about this property:…

I can email you a floor plan if you give me an email where I can send it.

It was listed by a Flat Fee – Limited Service product to Sellers. I understand sellers wanting to sell their apartments on their own to save money, but the term "caveat emptor" is something that will be applicable to you.

I have seen buyers lose thier deposits, go to court to try to get it back, end up with a lemon, etc.-- only to retain the FREE services of a Manhattan real estate broker in the end to ensure that things go smoothly and the buyer's interests are protected.

That being said, this doesn't mean that you should just go with any Tom, Dick or Harry. You should also do your own due diligence on the agent you wish to work with.

The Seller boasts "No broker speak or false advertising" in his posting-- but you will still be subject to his own "advertising" with zero recourse for you, if something that was said is not true. or there is no full are stuck holding the bag.

I highly suggest for your interests that you contract a Manhattan real estate broker. I know if I wasn't a real estate professional, I would never gamble with one of the largest, if not the largest investment of my life by going it alone. That's just my 2 cents.

Jennifer Chiongbian
SVP/ Associate Broker
Rutenberg Realty NYC