Property Q&A in San Jose>Question Details

Lilly, Home Buyer in san jsoe ca

Do the condos on Warring in san jose ca belong to a hoa? There are a couple for sale. Who manages the hoa>?

Asked by Lilly, san jsoe ca Mon Nov 17, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/San_Jose/sold/624101-…

Answers

4
Hello Lilly, I recommend that you purchase real estate represented by a Buyers Agent. You do not pay me any fee for your representation. In fact, I pay for your home inspection at close of escrow. In addition to completeing a home inspection, it is important to thoroughly analyze all of the HOA documents and their financial stability such as reserve funding.
Hey Lilly,

It's Downer Estates HOA - the homeowners "run it" through their board meetings and have hired a management firm to run the day to day operations.

Does that answer your questions?

Rebekah

PS I've helped clients with many purchases there - my sister even lived there for a while. Also, we have a bank owned property coming up soon - would you like to be on our bank owned list?
Hi Lilly,

There appears to be an HOA and the fees range from a low of $230 to a high of $270 for the active units. Unfortunately, none of the listings have HOA documents uploaded so I cannot tell you who is managing the units at the moment. However, if you are interested in receiving additional information, I would be happy to assist you as a buyer's agent.

Best of luck,
April
Lilly,
I assume you mean the condo's on Warren Ave. There are 3 different complexes but as with all Condominiums there is a legal requirement for a Home Owners Asociation. You should also be aware that this is true of Town Houses as the legal form of ownership is also Condominium (Townhouse is a style statement while Condominium is a legal form of ownership).
There is no reason for you to be concerned about the specifics of the Association until your offer is accepted by the owner. They must ensure you are given a full disclosure package of the rules and regulations of the comlex and you will either accept these and proceed, or find something you do not like and pull out of the deal.
This is all totally routine procedure in our daily life, and just one small example of why you should have a Realtor guiding you through the whole process.