Property Q&A in Massapequa>Question Details

Holland House, Home Seller in Massapequa, NY

Do I have to obtain code-approved architectural plans in order to sell lot/land that remains after a house on it is demolished?

Asked by Holland House, Massapequa, NY Mon Nov 12, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3078070546-221A-Amp-B-N-Bay-A…

Answers

3
You may speak with the Building Dept in TOB @ 516-624-6200 for clarity and confirmation, but as I understand the permit that is required is for demolition of the house. You may sell your property, while not representing your house and then the new owner would have to acquire a permit for demolition, before they rebuild. I am reperesenting a seller in a similar situation today. I am avaiallabe to assist you during these difficult times. Feel free to call me at your convenience.
Cell 516.343.9133
Licensed Associate Broker
For accurate information check with the town....
You can sell anything as long as it is presented truthfully.

It is probably in your best interest to get as much information from the town on what is legal and what permits might be required so that it can be properly marketed and priced accordingly.