Property Q&A in 81624>Question Details

Turkey, Home Buyer in 81624

Can you put proptery up for sale if the property and modular are not purged. Property in one name home in another????

Asked by Turkey, 81624 Tue Aug 10, 2010

Answers

3
Dear Turkey in Colbran,

I see by your zip code you live in or around Colbran and will assume you may be speaking about a modular or mobile home that may be sitting on ranch land and not in a mobile home park? I will assume you are holding title to the mobile home and not the land? If so you have every right in the world to sell the mobile home, but if the owner of the land does not wish to lease back the land the home sits on then it will have to be moved off the land as part of the selling clause.

If you are the land owner, and wish to sell the land, you have to give notice for the owner of the modular or mobile home owner to move it if new owners of the land do not wish to honor a lease of the modular. If there is a lease in place and is over a year it has been on the land then you have to give 3 months notice to vacate to the owner of the modular or mobile home.

If the modular is set on a basement or permanent foundation, then no I don't think it can be sold separate.

If we are talking about a property that is in foreclosure then I would seek legal counsel.

You have not provided enough information for anyone to be able to supply you with a correct or accurate answer yes or no. Please resubmit your question with more details or you may call me in Glenwood Springs at 970-384-2400 and I will be happy to assist you.

Mary E. Weaver Broker Mary Weaver Realty
Yes you can and we have. The property is listed both the land as well as the home. The home is being purged to become part of the land so to speak. The process is a bit slow with the transfer of title and power of attorney needed for the absentee representative to transfer title back to an estate. I'll make sure and notify every one involved that you are questioning the sales process and maybe they will have other answers for you as well.
Web Reference: http://www.mikekrieg.com
Are you selling both? Or just the ground? If you're selling the ground, of course you can sell it. If you're selling both, you will need a listing agreement for both, and/or agreement from the sellers to advertise the properties.

The other item is that the owner of the modular can sell to the owner of the property, and you could purge title, it got much easier about 18 months ago in Colorado.