Property Q&A in Eagle River>Question Details

Jakescrew3lks, Home Owner in Three Lakes, WI

Can you please give us any info about Carpenter Lake? The house is gorgeous but lake frontage not so attractive......is this a spring fed lake?

Asked by Jakescrew3lks, Three Lakes, WI Sun Jul 31, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1039495099-1875-E-Carpenter-L…

Answers

3
Hi Jake!

I actually live on this lake, so I can give you a great bit of detail!

Carpenter Lake is a 339 acre lake with a maximum depth of 16 feet. Fish in the lake include Panfish, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Walleye and some Musky. A tiger Musky was just caught off my neighbors dock last year. The clarity is good with clear visibility to about 6 feet.

Carpenter Lake is a gorgeous private lake that has endured some stress due to a historical 8 year drought. It has bounced back about 40-50% from it's extraordinary lows and most scientists believe we should be full again after another year or two of this continued weather pattern.

The frontage you see in this parcel is merely weeds that have grown where the water once stood. I am dealing with the same situation on our shoreline as well. Carpenter Lake is a "Seepage" lake; not a spring fed as once thought .

For the past several years "One Fish at a Time" has been stocking the lake with over 2,000 decent sized walleye and will do the same this fall.

We do have two Loons on the lake that just gave birth and 3 sets of bald eagles on the eastern shore.

From an investment standpoint I would highly recommend you make a personal visit to this home. It's an exceptional deal and when Carpenter Lake does cycle back out of this drought - the values will likely rebound. From a historical standpoint; the last drought we had that was this severe was during the turn of the century and it bounced back then and is anticipated to bounce back now.

If you need any information, please do not hesitate to contact me. Until then, and as always, please accept my

Kindest Regards,

Mark Geis, REALTOR®
Coldwell Banker, Mulleady Inc., Realtors®
226 Pine Street
Eagle River, WI 54521
(715) 479-1774 (office)
(715) 479-1755 (fax)
(715) 891-5832 (cell)
mtgeis@gmail.com
Hello Jake..The home is indeed very nice. The lake as the other agents have answered is a seepage lake. Seepage lakes are lakes that survive depending on Mother Nature and have no inlets or outlets. This lake is a very crystal clear lake and its maximum depth is 16'. I spoke with a gentleman that has lived on the lake since 1964 and he remembers only one other time that the lake had been this low and as it did in the past he believes the lake level will come back. If you are looking for spring fed lakes around this area I can email you a complete list but several that come to mind are Deerskin, Kildare and Bass just to name a few in around Eagle River...others in Oneida county near Three Lakes include Clearwater, Crooked, Indian, Maple, and Two Sisters just to name a few. Please email me direct for a complete list of spring fed lakes at jjbarr@nnex.net
Would be glad to help you at any time with any or your real estate needs.
Respectfully,
Judy Barr CRS, GRI, ABR
715-891-4918
Carpenter Lake is a lake that has not recovered from our drought as quickly as I would like it to. The lake level is down yet, and once before it was like this and came back. Possibly a direct contact with the Department of Natural Resources could answer your question.