Frank, Home Buyer in Baltimore, MD

Can a building have both condo and co-op units? For example, 2475 Virginia Ave NW has several units listed for sale, some as co-op and some as condo.

Asked by Frank, Baltimore, MD Wed Jan 18, 2012

I am looking at several different buildings in the DC metro area and I am noticing that almost every building that has multiple units for sale has some units listed as Condo and some listed as Co-op.

Based on my understanding of what a co-op is I do not see how this is possible since the building as a whole would have an underlying mortgage if it were a co-op.

Why do almost all the buildings with multiple units for sale have mixed unit listings (co-op and condo)?

Thank you

Hi Frank,

The building has to be one or the other. A call the management company will tell us which one it is. If you need any assistance feel free to give me a call.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 19, 2012
You are absolutely right. A building is either a co-op or a condo. It can't be both at the same time.
Some of the listings unfortunately are being advertised without checking the facts. A simple phone call to the property management company can give you the right answer.
If you are interested in condos of DC area, i can email you the active listings daily. Just let me know, thanks
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 19, 2012
2475 Virginia Ave is a Coop. It's called Potomac Plaza.
Web Reference: