Property Q&A in 91362>Question Details

Kyolan1, Other/Just Looking in 91362

Can I claim adverse possession in CA if the homeowners are deceased and I've paid the property taxes for over 10 years while residing in the?

Asked by Kyolan1, 91362 Sat Nov 26, 2011

home? There were/are no heirs or family to claim the property, nor were there any wills so how can I obtain title?

Help the community by answering this question:


Most likely as the statute for adverse possession requires 5 years, assuming you have met the other conditions. I would post here asking for a local recommendation for a real estate attorney to help you with this.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
Probably. See a real estate attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 26, 2011
Seek advice and direction from a CA real estate attorney. I can refer one to you in Westlake Village, should you not already have one. Good luck with this!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 26, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer