Property Q&A in Temecula>Question Details

Don Pitts, Home Buyer in Champaign, IL

Before proceeding to make an offer on house, I want to know if it is in the 100-year flood plain.

Asked by Don Pitts, Champaign, IL Tue Sep 6, 2011

Where or with what agency can I obtain that information? Or should my realtor or the seller’s realtor provide a flood plain map?

Help the community by answering this question:


I did not get what I thought was a good answer, so I did a Google search for 100-year floodplain.

FEMA provides on-line flood risk maps.

This link shows the 100- and 500-year flood map.…

Type in an address near Temecula Parkway, and you should get the flood plain map for the south part of Temecula.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 21, 2012
Your realtor would be able to get that information for you. Usually the Natural Hazard Disclosure company the Realtor uses would be able to look it up for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 6, 2011
My realtor was not aware of how to obtain flood risk information.
Flag Wed Mar 21, 2012
Hi Don, I think we've talked in the past. I'll be able to get you this info before writing an offer. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Feel free to contact me through my profile.

Thanks Don!
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 6, 2011
When you buy a house you have 17 days to do your investigations on a home that is automatically written in the Ca. Residential purchase contract. On page 2 under allocation of costs your Realtor can check the box Seller to Pay and write in a NHD report. (Natural Hazard Disclosure). Also recommend getting a tax disclosure and CLUE report. The CLUE report tells you if any insurance claims have been used on the house in the last three years. Once you receive any information from the seller you have 5 days to review and decide whether you are moving forward or not, granted you have not already removed that contingency.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 6, 2011
I want to know before I make an offer if the house is in the 100-year flood plan.
Flag Wed Mar 21, 2012
Hi Don , Riverside County Flood Control , 955-1200 .
They will be able to answer that for you. Also , it will show up on your title report.

Thank you,

Jory Blake
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 6, 2011
You can contact the city and ask them if your particular property is located in that zone.
Also, if you are, the lender will require flood insurance. Good to check it out ahead of time.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 6, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer