Property Q&A in Salem>Question Details

, Both Buyer and Seller in Groton, MA

Are you interested in trading for a beautiful home in Groton, MA?

Asked by , Groton, MA Fri Dec 26, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1066576076--Salem-NH-03079

Answers

3
Greg it is tough enough just to find a buyer these days that can get a mortgage os it may be even tougher to get someone who wants to move to this area. Although your idea is unique and calls attention to your property, Your best bet is to actively and agressively market your property toget it to sell quickly. i am confuse dthough about your 2 posts, where do youlive now? is that house listed for sale now?
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 26, 2008
Not desperate. Just want to downsize and relocate closer to my significant other. My value is $579K. Willing to trade equity, add some cash, wrap, whatever.

Greg
Hi Greg,

Sounds like you are desperate, and it's never good to "bargain" from weakness.

And trading homes can be a little "dicey" when honest cash value needs to be determined for a whole host of reasons. Not the least of which is state and local taxes, also if you are using a Realtor you will need to determine appropriate real estate commissions and then too, what would you be willing to trade for?

I am assuming you would want to trade for a different house, but maybe not. Can you trade up (add cash) or are you thinking even-Stephen? Would you trade your beautiful home in Groton for a beautiful condo in Florida, for example? If you would, what do you think the "trade" value of your home is today?

Maybe you would be better off to guess the trade value, and have that reviewed by a Realtor or appraiser, and then ask something less than that in U.S. currency and forget the "trade" idea. No offense intended, but that's the fastest way I know to actually transfer ownership of any property in this worst of all real estate markets. Nobody wants to give anything away, but sales are few and far between right now. If you can hold off until Spring, I would suggest unlisting the property for now.

Many of us believe that the technical "bottom" of the market has been reached--but it will take another 3 to 6 months for the data to be sorted, published and released to the public. At that point, the buyers will re-enter the market, and a pent-up demand will allow the market to shed the glut of listings and real estate prices will then increase at the same level or better than the Cost of Living index. Not a get rich quick scheme, but at least there is hope in 2009.

Dane