Property Q&A in Cayucos>Question Details

Lbblack, Home Buyer in Fair Oaks, CA

Are these licensed rentals? What type of income history does the property have? IWhat is the occupancy rate? Thank you

Asked by Lbblack, Fair Oaks, CA Sun May 6, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1067802829-257-Cerro-Gordo-Av…

Answers

3
Either a Property "is" a Vacation Rental or it's not likely ever to become a Vacation rental because of Government restrictions on giving new Licenses.

A Vacation Rental is like any small business, it takes time to build a Client List of returning customers to build Income.

The "closer to", "view" or "on-the-beach" makes a big difference in Rates and Vacation Rental Income.

Occupancy Rates will never likely reach over 50% and will much lower in the beginning and be lower for most Properties.
The home you are referring to is a licensed vacation rental. Many of the homes in Cambria, Cayucos, Morro Bay, Avila Beach, and parts of Pismo Beach are or can be vacation rentals. However, past performance does not necessarily guarantee future performance on a vacation rental. Sure, there may be a certain following, but most vacation renters are looking for a good deal, as close to the water as possible and quality furnishings. So, income history and occupancy rate may not the best way to determine if the home is a good investment.

Many home owners with a 2nd homes will advertise the home as a vacation rental, but it may not be a business and just rented to offset the overhead and be able to use the home for their personal vacation get away. In short, a vacation rental is the Inn-Keeping business.

I would be happy to provide the information on this home and several other income properties that you may be interested in. I would suggest looking at my web site, at homes, but it may difficult for you to filter out which homes can be income property and which homes cannot. I can provide you a list of vacation rental real estate, duplexes, triplexes etc. Please call me at 805-471-0828 or email me at david@dnorwood.com to discuss your investment goals.
The vacation rental is supposed to be licensed according to county code. I can check with the county Monday to confirm if you would like. Please let me know.