Property Q&A in Newton>Question Details

vanderve.payt, Other/Just Looking in Newton, MA

Are there any empty lots in or around the city of Newton, MA and if there are how much would it cost per acre?

Asked by vanderve.payt, Newton, MA Fri Nov 9, 2012

Answers

7
Believe it or not, both answers you received so far are not really conflicting. Newton is a prime location with a low inventory now of available newer homes, so naturally it has a high demand on the land by builders or prospective owners, thus there is no real availability of trully vacant lots. There are "tear down" properties available, which are marketed in the category of "land" and there is something that may have some prep work done prior to building a home.

That being said, there are total of 6 lots available. Only one of them (0.23 acre offered at $550K) has nothing on it, although it is a slope, another (0.55 acre offered at $689K) has lots of engeneeiring completed and ready for building a home, 3rd (1.12 acre offered at $2 mil) comes with the house and permit to re-build, the rest are between .1-.5 acre come with a house to be torn down. The pricing of a lot is not necessarily a function $/sq.ft and has a lot to do with a specific location, type of a lot, condition, and specific building (single, multi, comercial) opportunity, so... if you are looking for a specific opportunity get your self a buyer's agent and let him/her assist you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 9, 2012
You might look at a cos per foot rather than an acre.
The zoning will also influence the value.

I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer and to save time and money.
(I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro if you want help doing so.)

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
I have 4 lots in Newton that I am building on. Homes will be between 4800 sq ft and 5530 sq ft plus the ability to finish the basement to add 1500 sq ft each. lot sizes between 12000 to 21000 sq ft. Close to Countryside school and walking distance the Newton Highlands and the T

What is your criteria, Location? Size of Home? Price?

Newton recently change the FAR requirements and now include the attic area if it is more than 5' wide and 7' high whether or not it is finished.

I am happy to discuss one of these custom designed homes with you or work with my architect to build you one on another lot that we may find. I know Newton inside out and can assist you what ever needs you have.

Also if any of my fellow realtors have someone interested in my Newton New Construction please contact me for more information
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
Here are 5 lots available in Newton with an average price of $850,000

http://territory.com/search?search_string=71442848%2C+714435…

Hope that helps!

Territory.com
Massachusetts Premier Broker for Buyers
Web Reference: http://territory.com
There isn't much in the way of empty lots in Newton, as the other respondents have noted. A quick look at what's available to me only shows 6 land sales, and most of those are teardowns.

If you'd also like more information on the surrounding areas, average cost per acre, and information about recent land sales, please contact me directly and I'd be happy to go over specifically what it is you're looking for.
Best to buy a tear down for $450-$650 a lot. There is no such thing at this time for acre lots for sale in Newton. Send me a message and I will show you where to build. I specialize in new construction homes in Newton and work with some very talented builders. Since I also teach in Newton, i can tell you a lot about the school population makeup if you have children. that are entering school.
Ellen
ellen.karp@commonmoves.com
CENTURY 21 Commonwealth
Hello Vanderve.payt,

There are a few lots for sale in Newton. They are selling for approximately $1,000,000 per acre. There are some smaller lots available that are proportionately less.

Please let me know if you would be interested in learning more about these lots.

Judy Boyle
RE/MAX Signature Properties