Property Q&A in Burnt Store>Question Details

R Gene Thies, Real Estate Pro in Cape Coral, FL

Are their any structures restricting mast height on our Sailboat?

Asked by R Gene Thies, Cape Coral, FL Fri Apr 12, 2013

Also what is the maximum draft that
can navigate from the Canal into the Matlacha Pass?

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/3115075295-414-SW-33rd-Ave-Cape-Cor… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/3115075295-414-SW-33rd-Ave-Ca…

Answers

10
Yeah, I would steer clear of Kevin Cloutier....copied another realtors response, posted his name to it. Sounds like the honest type guy I want working for me
Kevin - why did you copy my response to this question???
That property is stunning but unfortunately you would have a bridge to go under. If you would like I can send you a map that shows you the waterways, bridges etc...Most of my buyers that have sailboats have found the map to be extremely helpful.

Contact me at KCloutier9@gmail.com and I would be happy to help you.

Cheers

Kevin Cloutier
A HouseSOLD Name
239.246.6639
Hi Gene:

There would be if you have a bridge to go under before you get to the Gulf.

you may find this interesting

http://rwolchesky.wordpress.com/cape-coral/

I be able to send you a list of properties that may serve your purpose if you contact me.

My Best to you, and happy SAILING. but most important. Finding the house that serves your purpose.

Ronald ( Realtor Ron W) Wolchesky
"Success is when we work together to achieve your GOAL!"
License in Florida
Home: 239-349-4684
You selected a beautiful Home, yet there is one narrow and relatively low bridge (Old Burnt Store Rd) to go under. So Sailboat had to be docked or moored in Matlacha. To get there from the Gulf of Mexico has not height restrictions, yet could be a little tricky, I suggest to study your Nautical Charts.

Just email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net or give me a call at 239-707-4575. Also feel free to contact me with any questions you have about the area. As a resident for almost 25 years I know the area extremely well and would be more than happy to assist you with your property search.
Gene,

Cape Coral is a nice town, but as a sailor myself I chose Charlotte Harbor area. Punta Gorda Isles is the absolute best waterfront community in the state and perhaps anywhere. First and foremost about PGI is that the city of Punta Gorda maintains the canals and the seawalls. If your seawall is in need of repair, simply call the city and let them know. Out they come to make repairs. Most of the time you don't even have to inform them. They have regular maintenance. You don't have to worry that your neighbor will neglect his seawall and have it damage yours.

The majority of waterfront lots in PGI are sailboat access. Only about 20% are powerboat. Please take a look at this article I wrote about PGI.

http://www.suncoasteam.com/articles/31.html

It also includes links to listed properties as well as an interactive map of PGI where you can see homes plotted on canals and estimate time to get to open water.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you or if you have questions about sailing in the area.

Jim (jim@suncoasteam.com)

James Mulligan, Broker
Suncoasteam Realty, LLC
Po Box 380503
Murdock, FL 33938
941-235-7474 Office
941-456-3034 Cell

Office Location:
4055 Tamiami Trail
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
As the others have said, there is one bridge to Matlacha Pass. As for draft, that area has been filling in for years. During the winter months, our "dry" season, it is difficult for anything other than flat bottom boats to navigate. There used to be a lift here but it was removed a few years ago and it has only gotten worse. Email me for any additional info you might need. Carolyn@CNN-CapeCoral.com
Yes, you are going to need to travel under a bridge to get out to the open water from there. If you would like I will pull together a list of properties that are "sailboat access" for you to take a look at so you do not waste your time with homes that will not work for you. Feel free to give me a call: 239-246-3004 or shoot me an email: jrmartin.mig@gmail.com and we will discuss what your looking at in the perfect house for you.

John Martin
Sun Realty
239-246-3004
jrmartin.mig@gmail.com
There is one bridge. However, there are gorgeous properties with direct sailboat access. Just email me or call and I'll email listings to you.

Karen Nichols
Premier Sandals Realty
(239)849-3064

KarenENichols@aol.com