Property Q&A in Philadelphia>Question Details

Iza, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Are the phila homes sale status usually as a freehold tenure properties whn being adverstised for sale, and hence can be bought by foreigners?

Asked by Iza, Philadelphia, PA Tue Jun 28, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Iza,

Both answers below are correct. There are very few restrictions for Foreign Nationals purchasing real estate in the United States. As mentioned below, financing has become extremely hard to secure from American banks and mortgage companies. Cash purchases are always the most efficient, smooth transactions.

I have experience working with foreign investors and homebuyers in the Greater Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. I have also worked with foreigners purchasing real estate in Florida. If you would like assistance, please feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to help you find the right home and negotiate a great deal for you. Good luck in your search and I look forward to speaking with you.

All the best,
Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Mobile:(267) 254-7994
DJCRE, Inc. (formerly DJ Cilione Real Estate)
1611 Snyder Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Office: (215) 271-7070
Web Reference:
2 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 28, 2011
Hi Iza...
I just read the answer that I had planned to give :-) If you are a "CASH" buyer, purchasing in the US is much easier. If you have additional questions, give me a call. We can discuss your interest and begin the process of choosing the areas and properties that best meet your needs. Then actually go and see them.
Speak with you soon!
Tamara EL-Mekki
Keller Williams Real Estate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 28, 2011
Yes Iza. That is how most homes are sold here in the US. May I ask what country you are from?

If you will permit me, I would like to refer you to an agent at Sotheby's International Realty. They have MUCH experience helping foreigners buy property in the US. Please feel free to contact me privately at: or +1-856-979-5967
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 28, 2011
Hello Iza,

Freehold Tenure is the most common type of ownership in the US. Here it is also called Fee Simple ownership. Almost anyone can purchase a US property but the hardest part for a foreigner would be securing financing. If you are however purchasing the property with CASH it is not a problem.

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realty Mark.
267 738 0886
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 28, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer