Property Q&A in 33971>Question Details

Dennis Wilkie, Home Buyer in

Are appliances included in the sale of the house?

Asked by Dennis Wilkie, Sat Oct 11, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1065173370-3906-18th-St-W-Leh…

Answers

5
Most of the time in a non-typical sale the appliances are included, non typical sales such as short sale and foreclosures, sometimes the appliances are taken by the owner or are stolen from the property, as such a bank owned REO property will be without stand alone appliances unless specifically included in the contract, and normally the appliances are accepted as-is with no warranty, unless you were to purchase a home warranty plan with the purchase of the property. Appliances are not a big factor in the sale especially if you are already getting a remarkable deal from a foreclosed bank owned property(REO). I hope that this helps answer your question, feel free to visit my website for more info.
Dennis, the MLS listing does not specifically mention appliances. In a lot of short sales/foreclosure situations, homeowners have been feeling particularly angry and frustrated by the turn of events that has played out in this market. So much so that they have been stripping some of the homes. The home you are referring to is currently listed as "Active Contingent Short Sale" which means it has a contingent contract offer in place based on succesful negotiations. There are many such properties available, but the short sale can be lengthy and confusing. There are just as good and sometimes better bank/corporate owned properties that already have set prices. I have a complete list of bank owne inventory some of which is not yet listed.

If I can be of assistance, feel free to contact me without obligation and I will be delighted to answer any questions or research a particular property for you.

Neil G. Blair-Bennett
Broker-Associate
Alliance Realty Group
Fort Myers, FL
Direct 239 645-3798
Email: NeilBlairBennett@Gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.moneytrein.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 11, 2008
In my area, appliances are not included unless built-in or specifically written into the contract. Check with a Realtor in your area.
if it is currently occupied, then most likely the answer is yes....if it not occupied, then who knows. The vacant homes have been known to be missing the appliances and the A.C.
general rule of thumb down here is yes. But every home and situation is different.