Property Q&A in Zionsville>Question Details

Sms, Home Buyer in Zionsville, IN

Anyone know about Zionsville schools? I can't seem to get a straight answer but I've heard the schools are tanking due to lack of

Asked by Sms, Zionsville, IN Thu Jul 21, 2011

funds...help! My husband and I are looking to buy in Zionsville but we were told some high school programs are being cut and teachers are being laid off. I know the rankings are still high but that is based on info from a couple years ago, right? Word is that Carmel is doing better than Zionsville now...we are so confused about where to buy now! Any info would be a huge help! thanks!

Answers

2
I am also a Zionsville resident and Real Estate agent. My kids have all grown up in the Zionsville School System. We could not be more pleased. We moved to Indiana in 2004 and considered the same decision you are making now...which schools would best meet our children's need? Test scores are one component...and yes, Zionsville and Carmel are always at the top of state rankings. Look also at the AP classes, learning centers, languages offered, class sizes, and so many other factors that will impact your student's learning and post high school experience. Even with budget cuts, the fine arts programs are intact as well as the athletic programs. Our school administration and community have dedicated themselves to provide the best educational choices available. Parental involvement is a given. Check out http://www.doe.in.gov/data/ to compare school districts.
Hi, I'm an agent in Zionsville and Carmel and I have a daughter in one of the middle schools. The schools are great, academically and to answer your questions, some of the programs are being looked at to see whether they should be cut, combined with other programs or whether a small fee can be assessed to help cover the costs. Zionsville is doing a phenomenal job at keeping programs alive and involving the community and teachers on these important decisions. All of the school board meetings are public and I would strongly recommend attending one and asking these questions of Dr. Scott Robinson, the superintendent. I have attended some of these meetings myself and he has been very open about what is going on and is striving to keep Zionsville in it's current status as number one in the state. The academic portion is not being sacrificed, but it is the extra-curricular activities that are in question due to the significant loss of state funding.

Let me know if you have any further questions and I would more than happy to help.

Amber Patterson

F.C. Tucker , Zionsville.