Property Q&A in Wyckoff>Question Details

Honeybee17, Home Buyer in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

Any opinions on Lafayette Avenue in Wyckoff?

Asked by Honeybee17, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ Tue Jun 30, 2009

It seems a little iffy to me but I am not from the area and do not know of the good and bad (if there are any) sections of Wyckoff. I know the street is a busier street which is a concern and there seems to be a mix in the surrounding homes. I appreciate any advice.

Answers

1
It is a busier street than some but not a real busy one. Its the kind of road where all the locals use it as a cut through from Rte 208 into the east part of Wyckoff.
There are some real nice houses there and most are set back pretty much from the road.
Wyckoff really does not have any "bad" sections. I have worked here as a realtor for 10 years and I know the town. Parts are considered more "desireable" than others based pretty much on which primary school the street feeds to but thats peoples opinion. I prefer to be away from Rte 208 as its obviously pretty noisy. The east end (which includes Lafayette ave) is a bit remote from the center of town but then Wyckoff does not really have much of a downtown. In fact the east end is close to Midland Park which has more of a downtown area
if you would like more info email me
PRogers@Weichert.com