Property Q&A in New Paltz>Question Details

Mark Michiel…, Home Owner in Virginia Beach, VA

Any Problems with Roof? Since it is flat, Snow and weight could be an issue? Mark

Asked by Mark Michielsen, Virginia Beach, VA Tue Aug 6, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3096898114-3-Arden-Ln-New-Pal…

Answers

3
I agree with Stefan, talking to a specialist it best. However, it might not be an issue you'd have to be worried about if there isn't much snow in the area. Different roofs are chosen for different homes according to style and functionality, so there might not be much of a need to worry about snow damaging the flat roof.
http://www.LengacherRoofingAndRemodeling.com
Hey Mark, I suggest to consult an inspector and/or structural engineer on this. One way of staying out of trouble is to get the snow off the roof after it snows. Snow around here can get really heavy. The Town Building inspector of New Paltz would also be a good person to talk to. 845-255-0102, I believe, is their number.

I hope this helps,

Stefan Bolz, CRS, ABR
Lic. RE Associate Broker
Westwood Metes & Bounds Realty
New Paltz, New York
stefan@westwoodrealty.com
we may want to come up and take a look at this property...I'll be in touch..
I live in Virginia Beach, we are from NJ/NY area and looking for a second home, to be close to family. We have a very close family member building in New Paltz and owns several properties in the same. We are looking for property where we are not bothered by neighbors, with no Home Owners Association. Does this property have a HOA? Does the Master Bath only have one sink and not a double?
Flag Tue Aug 6, 2013
This type of question is best asked of and answered by a home inspection. Flat roofs tend to hold the snow more than a pitched roof does but with proper maintenance and an eye out for what to do with a roof such as that, you can enjoy a home that meets many of your requirements. Nothing is perfect, including me. Good luck in your quest.