Property Q&A in Kansas City>Question Details

Luke Brady, Renter in Kansas City, MO

Another site has this home valued at $220k. I'm guessing trulia is wrong.

Asked by Luke Brady, Kansas City, MO Sat Jan 26, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3062809958--N-Jarboe-Ct-Ka…

Answers

5
Luke,

I am guessing this home is located in swanky Briarcliff West. If that's the case, the home could be a 200-300k home depending on size, condition and amenities. If the link info is correct the home would have to be in terrible condition to be priced at 67k.........I am also guessing the price listed is not correct....Hope that helps
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 26, 2013
Properties valued through trulia and any website pull info on other properties on their site automatically, so unlike an appraiser would value a property it is the site's opinion, but yes, it can be and often is wrong.
I would be happy to send you houses in that neighborhood that have sold in the last 180 days that are comparable to this property.
Let me know!
Luke,

Part of the fun of the world of the internet in dealing with foreclosure homes is that information can be put out, usually based upon public records, before the home actually hits the market. At this time, there doesn't appear to be a home on the MLS for a property on N. Jarboe Ct. that is active and a foreclosure. One property is pending and there are a few recent ones that have been cancelled or expired.

What will need to happen is to wait until the bank that now owns the property puts the home on the market. It can be for the amount mentioned in your request for information or a price that is completely different. I would suggest keeping an eye on the area for it to hit the market and then working with your REALTOR (I volunteer!) to set up a showing.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to call or e-mail me.

Blessings,

Ed Rippee, CSP, WHS, CDPE
RE/MAX Results
816-213-9362 cell
http://www.edrippee.com
Amount paid for the property the last time it sold. In the case of Pre-Foreclosure and Auction properties, this amount represents the amount the owner in default paid for the property when he or she originally purchased it. In the case of REOs, this usually represents the winning bid amount at the auction and, therefore, the amount the foreclosing lender needs to recoup to break even.
This was the transfer value. That is not necessarily what the true value of the home will be and placed on the market for.