Property Q&A in Port Chester>Question Details

Barbara Parl…, Home Buyer in Zephyrhills, FL

Asked by Barbara Parlatore, Zephyrhills, FL Thu Jun 17, 2010

This question is about this property:…

Hi Barbara,

There is a co-op that is currently on the market in Port Chester that does allow dogs but there is a weight restriction. MLS# 3014697 located at 395 westchester Ave #3A, Port Chester, NY 10573. It is a 1 bedroom and 1 bath priced at $115,000. Is this something that might be of interest to you?

Robin Lynch
Keller WIlliams Realty Group
This is a cooperative apartment and no pets are allowed. It is common in cooperatives not to allow pets, especially dogs. The reason goes back to the fact that many pet owners neglect to pick up after the dog or allow cats to roam the grounds. It's unfortunate that a few dictate the limits for all.

There aren't many cooperatives that allow dogs. There are some that do with weight restrictions. Cats are allowed more often and I was surprised that this complex has a no pet policy.

I would love to help you find a property that will meet your needs. I have a no fee consulting program for buyer and/or seller clients to help answer your questions and help you wade through the waters of buying or selling without the stress associated with the process. I will be happy to help.

Catherine C. Capasso
Principal Broker
Catherine Cornelia Real Estate
Web Reference: