Parks & Recreation in Denver>Question Details

Trulia Denver, Other/Just Looking in Denver County, CO

Which CO resorts within 3 hours drive of Denver/Golden are your favorites for snowboarding and skiing?

Asked by Trulia Denver, Denver County, CO Wed Jan 23, 2013

Answers

7
Matt Bryant’s answer
A-Basin is my favorite place to go. Some of the other Resorts have centered on becoming too fancy, and therefore, too crowded. It is a good atmosphere. But if you have little kids learning to sky, you can't beat the Galloping Goose at Winter Park and Mary Jane. No one is ever there, it is a nice, long, low chair, and the run isn't too steep. Kids 5 and under are free, and adults are only $10 (a year ago) to ride with them on only that chair.
I have always had the the Epic pass, and that is Breckenridge, Keystone, A-basin, Vail and Beaver Creek. I have had awesome luck with that one. Winterpark and Copper mountain are a lot of fun as well. If you are looking for Skiing near denver there is Echo Mountain and Eldora they are smaller resorts but still fun I hear.
Copper Mountain is really special!

Ethan Besser
Keller Williams
303-856-8980
Beat the crowds and head to Steamboat!! Yes it's a longer drive but it's worth it! The lift lines are small ( besides holidays ) and the terrain is special. There is a great small town vibe that the other resorts don't have. It's hard to do it in one day but there is decent, cheap lodging. You can take a scenic detour through North Park to Fort Collins to beat the Sunday I-70 mess. It's a 3 to 3.5 hour drive from Denver to the Boat and 4 to 4.5 hour drive through Fort Collins. The front range folks don't head up there to often but for a little extra driving you get a great town and mountain!
Copper and Winter Park are my favorites.
One of mine is Copper Mountain. Read my blog and see photos at: http://www.boulderrealestatenews.com/copper-mountain-ski-resort/
My favorite is Winter Park!