., Home Seller in 00000

Where can one obtain the best view of the Phoenix and surrounding area?

Asked by ., 00000 Fri Jul 6, 2007

Answers

8
Paul Slaybaugh’s answer
I'm assuming that Camelback Mountain has yet to be mentioned because it is some of the spendiest Real Estate in all of Arizona. Located in Paradise Valley, if you are looking for true money-is-no-object type views, each slope of the mountain provides a breathtaking vista.
Web Reference: http://RayandPaul.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 19, 2007
The north side of South Mountain Park Preserve has both close-up and distant mountain views, as well as panoramic city light views. The location is fabulous - only about 15 minutes to Downtown (employment, pro sporting events, theatre) and just 20 minutes to Sky Harbor Internternational Airport. The prices are WAY more affordable than any of the other "view" locations. You can get a newer 4,000 square foot home on a 12,000 to 24,000 square foot lot for $250,000 to $450,000 or a 1.5 to 2.5 Acre lot with great views for $125,000 to $200,000.
Web Reference: http://urbanpremises.com
The top of Cityscape (soon to be built) in Downtown Phoenix will have the most spectacular views of the Valley and of the Downtown area.

The top of Tapestry on Central, penthouse has views of Camelback Mountain and the Downtown area.

Squaw Peak and Camelback Mountains.
Tom,

The top of South Mountain is a great view of Phoenix...quick easy drive. But there aren't any homes in the Nation's largest city park.

For affordability, the base of South Mountain is hard to beat. In North Scottsdale, the base of the McDowells has excellent views. The most affordable homes in North Scottsdale are in McDowell Mountain Ranch and Scottsdale Mountain. In North Phoenix, the Moon Valley and surrounding areas offer some nice view properties. In Phoenix and Scottsdale, any of the urban condo/lofts that are more than 3 stories up are also likely to offer stunning views.

Going east or west of Phoenix significantly you can find places like Las Sendas, Gold Canyon, and Vistancia with some excellent views.

But you wanna know the true view hidden gem? It's Fountain Hills. No views of Phoenix, but the views to the east of Four Peaks, Tom's Thumb, Red Mountain, etc., really are very stunning. And Fountain Hills is extremely affordable.

Steve Belt, GRI
Web Reference: http://www.teambelt.com
Tom, I would agree with both Nancy and Tracey. Gold Canyon puts you at the base of one of the nicest mountains in the entire valley and is quite cost effective. The north side of South Mounatin gives unobstructed views of the downtown area, including the skyline and airport. It is fun to drive there and look, so living there must be wonderful. I would probably just sit in my window watching everything going on. Also, not mentioned yet is North Mesa. There is some elevation with city and mountain views. Then, the top of the market is Desert Mountain in North Scottsdale.
Tom: Depending on your price range and travel distance we have beautiful views from several areas of our gorgeous city. In Gold Canyon for instance you can be at the base of the Mountain, Ahwautkee the same. Obviously, you pay for what you get and the better the location and view the more it will cost.
Hi Tom,
If you are asking that question in reference to a home with a view, there are some beautiful places located on the north side of South Mountain. The homes overlook the whole valley, with clear views of downtown, the ballpark, the high rises, etc. For mountainside properties, they are probably the most affordable in the city.
Kind regards,
Tracey Mahon
Hello Tom,
If brand new condos and lofts are you....then my opinion is hands down the mack dab Downtown Phoenix or the Biltmore Area. Now, just to clarify, you did not mention price...right! I am part of the Urban Loft Tour for these locations, and have seen "incredible" properties in the last year.
If a single family home is you, then I would love you show my personal picks for the Squaw Peak area of town. Some of the properties are backed up to the Mountain Preserve...incredible!
Happy Hunting...Please contact me, if I can be of service.
Kind Regards,
Nancy