Parks & Recreation in Austin>Question Details

Trulia Austin, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

What are some good day trips from Austin?

Asked by Trulia Austin, Austin, TX Thu May 2, 2013

Answers

5
John Crowe’s answer
Lots of good answers. I've taken day trips to Houston and Dallas to catch an afternoon Astros or Rangers game. Little more of a drive, definitely a good day for baseball fans.

With summer approaching, consider floating on the rivers down the road.

Gruene for some food (Gristmill) and music (Gruene Hall).
Fredericksburg, Kingsland, Llano, Enchanted Rock, San Antonio River Walk, Brushy Creek Trail (Cedar Park to Round Rock), Lost Maples, Salado, Georgetown, Pedernales Falls...

Open the map, pick a spot, and slow down. We live in a beautiful part of the world when we take the time to see it!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 3, 2013
I'm going to have to second you on these John. This time of year Salado and the SA River Walk are probably my two texas favorites.
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013
I visited Natural Bridge Caverns just outside of New Braunfels and thought that experience was pretty awesome. Having never been to an underground cave system before I didn't know what t expect, but the beauty was amazing. We topped that trip off with a stop at Kreuz BBQ in Lockhart on the way back and it made for the perfect day trip from Austin,
Leslie Thurman, Realtor, Real Estate Pro in Austin, Tx.
The Blanco River cuts through this tiny town of Wimberley only 45 minutes from Austin on FM12. Quaint restaurants, art galleries and a flea market on the first weekend of the month make this a great day trip.
Have fun and if I can answer anymore questions please let me know.

Leslie Thurman
Exit Options Realty
808-214-0277
lesliejimmie@aol.com
Leslie Sells Austin
It's spring time and there are a lot of fun sites to see just outside of Austin!!
Here are a few: Fredericksburg, Enchanted Rock, Any of the state parks, Longhorn Caverns in Marble Falls, Inner Space Caverns in Georgetown, There are a variety of wineries all over the NW, W, and SW directions. Check the Texas Wine Trail Map, The LBJ Ranch has tours - that should keep you busy for a bit. Enjoy!!