Parks & Recreation in 30005>Question Details

Aretha, Home Buyer in Alpharetta, GA

I am looking to relocate to the the north fulton area. which area would u recommend for a diverse community with good schools

Asked by Aretha, Alpharetta, GA Sat Jan 15, 2011

Answers

11
All of those schools are going to be among the best in the metro area. I've been involved in the lacrosse programs at a few, Milton is a gorgeous school and one that my younger son will be attending. It comes down to a price point decision as well as a "lifestyle" decision - there are distinct different feels east and west of 400. West is more "rural" due to a number of large acre sites and equestrian influence; east was developed as more of a "drop the blades" idea and homes were put everywhere possible.

I've sold and appraised all over here for 20 years, you can see market trends updated weekly as well for these areas - http://www.hrmiller.com/hows-the-market.asp

Go in eyes wide because the funk isn't off and while pockets are stabilizing I see '11 as another dicey year.

Hank
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 16, 2011
Aretha -

For demographics go to the 2010 US census government site. The realtor your working with will also be able to give you detail demographics of subdivisions. The best public schools are in Alpharetta in a certain zip code.

John J. Reinhardt
REALTOR
Solid Source Realty

T 770.475.1130 Ext. 6806
http://www.infrontmarketing.com
Hi Aretha,

As the agents below have pointed out, you have zeroed in on the geographic area with some of the lowest crime rates and best schools, neighborhoods, and quality of life amenities in Georgia! If I knew more about your unique requirements and preferences, it would be very easy for me to help you locate the ideal neighborhoods and best homes to consider. As for diversity, that is something you can count on in most communities. Atlanta like most progressive major US cites has become a melting pot of cultures. I think there would be very few areas you could not feel comfortable living in. To research demographic statistics, use school information sites such the ones on my special homebuyer’s site: http://www.thehomebuyersrep.com/Atlanta_school_reports.htm .

Based on your mention of the North Fulton area, and my almost 30 years of knowledge about all of 20 county metro Atlanta, I suggest you focus on three or four nearby and adjoining county areas, and select cities within those areas as follows: North Eastern Cobb County – East Cobb (Marietta), Roswell (in Cobb County); North Fulton County – Roswell, Alpharetta, Crabapple, Johns Creek, and Milton; South Forsyth County – neighborhoods south of the city of Cumming near North Fulton County. Why these areas? The neighborhoods are wonderful, the lifestyle and cultural amenities are varied and plentiful, and the schools are the best – it’s easy to find all feeder schools being rated very good in these areas – rather than a good elementary feeding a not so great middle school for example.

You can see information and neighborhoods with actual homes for sale in different price ranges in the areas suggested above at http://www.atlanta-real-estate-online.net .

To assist in your selection of an experienced real estate professional, I submit my Extra Qualifications and Unique Service Advantages for your consideration:

* In addition to being an experienced Broker/Owner, Investor, and Property Manager, I am also an experienced ICC Certified Building Inspector and new home construction expert. As my client, you receive the combined insights, counsel, and information of a separate Broker, Appraiser, and Building Inspection Expert in one phone call or email– all up front, without waiting or paying extra, and in real time so you can make the best possible decisions at any time.
* I provide direct broker representation, experienced counsel, and personal assistance to qualified clients from all walks of life from first time buyers to wealthy entertainers and professionals - my clients have complete access to me at all times - they are never handed down to assistants, agents, and newbie buyer agents.
* As the former owner of a professional home inspection firm, Division Manager of a local HUD Housing Agency, and the founder and Broker/Owner of Advantage Realtors, I offer over 30 years of hands on direct experience and insight into metro Atlanta’s housing markets and its many communities, neighborhoods, and builder/developers.
* I provide highly skilled complementary pre-purchase evaluations of the structure, major systems, and overall conditions of EVERY property you like during the search process - BEFORE we submit your offer. This invaluable service is worth thousands of dollars and can save you significant money and grief. Unlike other buyers, you will know exactly which homes are the best and safest choice to consider and exactly which properties you want to avoid!
* As your Buyer Broker, I will NEVER recommend a home to you until I have first performed full physical evaluations to rule out serious and costly defects, and second, full financial and market analysis to determine the best price now and likely future trends.
* I will counsel you on special contract stipulations to protect your interests and your money in all contracts.
* Unlike private home inspectors whose industry protocols prevent them from giving purchase advice – I can and WILL freely advise you to AVOID any home that has certain serious defects or other issues that make it a poor investment (even if repaired), or anything that would prevent good prospects for future appreciation and a good re-sale.
* I have experienced and successfully handled virtually everything that can happen in a residential real estate transaction; however, as a backup resource for the most complex situations and extremely unusual cases, my corporate attorney is the largest and most experienced real estate law firm in Georgia.

I invite you to contact me for more information and helpful advice on the best way to proceed based on your time line to move.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Professional Buyers Broker
Relocation Expert
New Home Construction Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspection Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
“We Go The Extra Mile - For No Extra Fee!"
Hi Aretha,
I agree with Lisa that Alpharetta, Milton and Johns Creek are fantastic diverse areas with great schools. Also, South Forsyth county also has award winning schools and lower property taxes than Fulton.
Shoot me an email if I can help you.
At your service,
Mandy Becker
Keller Williams Realty North Atlanta
678-525-6626
CallMandyBecker@gmail.com
For rankings go to http://www.psk12.com/rating/USindexphp/STATE_GA.html and use http://www.greatschools.org/georgia/ to research the diversity. Choose a few schools that meet your requirements and then I can begin a search for the ideal home in those school districts.

Mark Lackey
Atlanta Housing Source at
Solid Source Realty, Inc.
Associate Broker
EcoBroker
Mark@AtlantaHousingSource.com
404-886-8789

Services
Home Buyers & Sellers - http://www.AtlantaHousingSource.com
Property Management – http://www.RentalHomeAtlanta.com
Hank,

As always, great insight and well stated....."thumbs up!"

Cheers,

After reading David's answer I realized that I fell into my old habit. After living here for many years Alpharetta was split up into Alpharetta, Milton and Johns Creek. When I mentioned that Alpharetta has the best schools I actually meant all three of these cities. I just keep lumping them altogether. Specifically, I believe the best high schools in North Fulton are: Johns Creek, Northview, Milton, Alpharetta, and Chattahoochee. The middle and elementary schools that feed into these high schools are all good too. My kids go to Dolvin Elementary and Autry Mill Middle School which feed into Johns Creek High School. I've been very pleased with their schools.

I also agree with Shyam that Northview and Johns Creek HS are probably the most competitive.

Since this area is sought after it is pricier than other areas on GA.
Actually, I disagree. Milton Schools are probably the most sought after in the N. Fulton area. But, without knowing your budget, it's pretty much impossible to answer this question. When you are talking about higher priced homes, it would be nice to know what amount which for you qualify. You might like to be in the best school and best neighborhood in N. Fulton, but what can you afford? Also, what do you mean by "diverse?" That may be a loaded question.
Hi Aretha,

The area you picked, North Fulton, in general has all good schools. Wether it is Northview, Johns Creek, Chattahoochee, Alpharetta, Milton or Centennial High School Districts, more or less they are all equally good and equally diverse. If you still want top of the cream, consider Northview and Johns Creek high school districts. Here the kids are in a very competitive environment. I am familiar because my kids are in Johns Creek high school district and quite a few of my friends' kids are in Northview district. If you need further help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Shyam Nagalla
678-643-0375
Hi Aretha,

If you want North Fulton then the best school districts are in Alpharetta. There are also good schools in South Forsyth as well. Whether Alpharetta or any area is "diverse" is something difficult to say since I think everyone's opinion would vary. However, I would say that it is pretty diverse. I've had many buyers and sellers from many different cultures and ethnicities (Indian, Asian, Iranian, South African, Hispanic and African American just to name the most common I've worked with). One problem you might run in to when working with a Realtor is that it is unethical and illegal for a Realtor to "steer" you toward or away from an area based on the culture/ethnicity/religious makeup of the area. Your best bet would be to look up schools and see what percentage of different races are represented in each school. I live in Alpharetta and love it so I'm probably more biased toward it too. We moved here 12 years ago and based our decision on where to buy on the school district. I hope this was helpful. Good luck with your house search. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.
Lisa Chasin
cell: 404-642-1091
lisa@lisachasin.com
Hi Aretha,
Alpharetta is a great community for amenities, recreation and highly rated schools- the Fulton county school board has a great website at fultonschools.org where you can get lots of information. House values have held steady in Alpharetta making it a great choice for buyers. Please check out my website at http://www.NorthAtlantaHomeSearch.com for homesearches set up by school districts. Good luck in your search!
Web Reference: http://www.wilmahine.com