Stephan, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

How are the parks and recreational areas in Larkspur?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

Are there dog parks and running paths?

Answers

3
Eduardo Gutekunst’s answer
Dolliver Park is a tiny park for small children nestled beneath towering redwoods, a shady hideaway at the entrance to Madrone Canyon and the mountain hiking trails. Piper Park is a huge open sky park on the edge of Corte Madera Creek. It has playing fields, grassy lawns, and picnic areas.
Larkspur purchased the old railraod right of way and turned it into a walking/bike path that circumvents Larkspur/ Corte Madera and leads to the schools, allowing a safe route for kids. Larkspur also purchased King Mountain with a myriad of majestic hiking trails. The trails in Madrone and Baltimore Canyons lead up to the picturesque Dawn Falls and are a gateway to Mt. Tam. Piper Park has its own dog park and community gardens.
There is Piper park, which borders some of the lagoons in this area. During summer months there are movies shown in the evenings outdoors for families. For the hikers and bikers, there are more paths than one can ever imagine. I have walked, rode, ran so many, yet I am amazed to find new ones constantly. Situated on many hills, some of the views are more than breathtaking. There are many designated paths on the flats that walk around the lagoons and sidestreets too. Dogs are welcomed here...my dog would not stop barking to tell you how she just loves her freedom here.