Parks & Recreation in 92024>Question Details

California M…, Real Estate Pro in 92075

Can environmentalists "condemn" my home?

Asked by California Mortgage Broker, 92075 Sun May 13, 2007

I've heard that there is a movement to let the Sea Bluffs naturally fall. What protection do I have from that if i buy a home on the sea bluffs?

Answers

4
Not a fun answer. Check with the coastal commission, the city, and setup a Google alert.

The bottom line is your going to need a good attorney and keep an eye on what insurance company are doing in the area.

I walk a lot on the beach and I have seen several bluff collapse.

JD Morris
Real Estate Agent
TheMorrisTeam@KW.com
http://www.themorristeam.com/
858-869-9483 Mobile
760-487-8399 Office
12780 High Bluff Drive, Suite 130
San Diego, CA 92130
CA DRE: 01903355
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
If I were you I would contact both an attorney and your insurer. You may also want to call the coastal commission to see if there is a plan of action (but of course an attorney can help you obtain all the relevant information).

Best of luck!

Rachel LaMar, J.D.
LaMar Real Estate, Inc.
The Bluffs are part of nature. I can not guarantee nor can anyone guarantee the Bluffs will never fail. There are drains that bring the water to the ocean. We do watch the bluff carefullly and do everything to protect them. You can purchase home insurance.
I would venture to guess they could find a way. Sometimes we just have to be weary of these people and the power they can muster.