I would beg to disaggree with the perception of gentrification in new Orleans.. It is more of a process of integration backwards.. Where outsiders absorb the local culture and become obsessed with it beyond color creed and race.
As such, the changes are dynamic and demand will continue throughout the city.... more
This is a great place for some serious opportunity. One has to consider how you can best leverage the cash you have, make specific improvements to get the most for a rental or resale.
Our approach would be to:
1) Look at your current portfolio
2) Consider your short and long term goals
3) Create a specific plan based on your needs
4) Look at what the market holds with the best deals relative to 2 and 3
5) Act - Work with specific lenders who can best help you get to #3.
6) Find some properties and get rolling.... more
LIke anywhere, it is recommended you walk the neighbourhoods you are thinking of living in.
Visit the link below for a link to crime stats...and more importantly, do a virtual walk through similar neighborhoods through the videos on this website.
We also have a walkscore area on the website, so you can zoom in to exactly where you want to live and get an idea of what is there: http://iansellsnola.com/neighborhoods/walkscore-find-a-neighbourhood-see-how-it-scores/... more