Moving in 74017>Question Details

Robin, Home Buyer in Middletown, OH

we want to relocate to the claremore area and need to know if we should rent then buy a home. We now live in another state.

Asked by Robin, Middletown, OH Sat Jul 23, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Moving in 74017

Answers

6
Lori Baker’s answer
I tend to agree with Jamie, however that being said I have dealt with clients that are relocating who could not get financed unless they lived here at least one year. I would love to help you find your new home, but you should check with your lender to see what their requirements are going to be for you. If you want to start looking feel free to email me nwr@cox.net
Thanks!
Lori Baker
NationWide Realty
Anne Carrington, Home Owner, Claremore Oklahoma

We moved to Claremore from another state as well. We have truly enjoyed living in Oklahoma.
My Husband has now retired and we are going back to our home in Texas.
When we came to Ok. we drove for hours every week-end looking for just the right place.
Then we found Verdigis just outside of Claremore. When we drove through the Vintage we knew we were going to buy a home there. Everyone was so friendly and I was so impressed by the children at play. I knew that if parents would let their children ride their bikes and fish at the pond that it would be a safe and great place to live. It makes me sad to sell our house but we have enjoyed every minute of living in the Vintage. You might want to the check the Vintage out. If I can be of help, please call me 512 665 6500

Robin,

If you are not from this area, I would suggest that you rent first. Give yourself time to get comfortable with the area, schools, grocery stores, etc. If you find a neighborhood that you like, visit it at different times of the day and week to make sure it is a good fit.

Sounds like the decision is weighing on your mind. My family and I recently relocated to Claremore from another state. We too explored this option, we decided for us and our children it was better to buy because we would only have to change schools once. You cannot always guarantee your rental will be in the same school district you may want to but in down the road. On temporary moves we tend to be less critical of decisions such as these. So in all reality both are good options, just which is the best for you and your family dynamic. Explore both options and research the area then decide. I am in Claremore and would love to assist you in the transition feel free to contact me if I can help you further. Kari Ashley 918-212-6301
If you are in a position to buy and plan on making this your new home I would really consider both options and get with a reputable Realtor just to look at the possibly of buying. Looking is free and if you can not find the home that calls your name, short term rent until you find that one that jumps out at your.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 19, 2012
In My professional opinion. If you're planning on staying there for a while , BUY. 20% down loans after the first of the year are looming. Not just conventional loans either. The government will require banks to do so. Everyone should seriously be considering buying in the very near future. Good Luck, Jamie Bolton/ Coldwell Banker Select- Mustang, OK.