Moving in Austin>Question Details

Ureddington, Renter in Austin, TX

we are an Irish family seeking information regarding relocating from NY to Austin we have 3 kids and we are legal to work in USA.

Asked by Ureddington, Austin, TX Mon Feb 21, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Austin

Answers

15
S. Tony Pacheco’s answer
I am from NYC, and though I am not Irish, I was raised by Irish in the Bronx. In the last 4 years weve settled in the Austin area after relocating from California, When we arrived here, the first person I contacted was Patrick Hoag, a local realtor, who actually told me that we could take as long as we want, and he could touch base with us until we were ready. I talked to many realtors since then, and was wary as everyone wanted me to sign an agreement that if I found something they would represent me.

Patrick never mentioned that, or even applied pressure for us to purchase quickly. He did keep us informed about the market and every holiday wish us well. He is like a good friend at the point where we finally started looking. Since we are empty nesters, we did not need the custom 5 bedroom when we had kids, he understood. He helped us find a nice up and coming area outside of Austin for Angie and I to enjoy.

I have to say, The luck of the Irish was with us when we met Patrick. He is a good man, a great realtor, and now a friend.
Tony and Angie Pacheco P.S. We close in 3 weeks!!
From one city guy to another, call Patrick at Hoag Realty (512) 203-6441
BTW: Do you play handball?
Flag Fri Jun 14, 2013
As you can see, there is a lot of assistance here in the Austin Area from fellow professional including myself. I realize that you are in the preliminary stages of your search and contract process and respect your privacy and information.

If I can be of any assistance on providing you preliminary information regarding the purchase or leasing of home let me know.

Allthough the summers are quite different than what you are use to, you'll find the Austin/Central Texas area is a great place to live and enjoy outside activities 12 months of the year.
Hello again! For some reason, the answer I posted just after you asked your question is gone! Hopefully you had a chance to read it. Basically, what I said is that I would be happy to work with you, at no cost to you, to help you find a rental or a home to purchase here in Austin. I'm not sure which you prefer, or which you are qualified for yet. If you are relocating with jobs, you may qualify for a purchase. I have great lenders who can look over your situation and pre-approve you at no cost. If you need or want to rent first, I do handle leasing as well. Please click on my contact info to the right, review my credentials, client testimonials, etc. and let me know if I can help you. Btw, I too relocated from the NY area to Austin years ago and it is a great city in many, many respects.
Hope to hear from you!!! Joe Jarusinsky, REALTOR/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Co.!!!
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Ureddington,

Welcome to Austin. I handle both rentals & sales. Feel free to explore my website referenced below. All the information is available without registering unless you decide that you want to save a property search.

Nancy Filgate, REALTOR®
ABR, CRS, e-PRO, GRI
Avalar Austin Real Estate
6203 N Capital of Texas Hwy, Suite A450
Austin, TX 78731
Good day to you sir,

Congratulations on your relocation to the big state of Texas and specifically the Austin area. There is so much to consider in evaluating and deciding what or where is the best area for you and your family. Obviously location is critical to jobs, school systems, recreation and lifestyle. Also to be considered must be price range, housing needs and daily travel.
There is no one answer I can give you. The truth is there is probably more than one alternative or solution for you and your family. Another truth is given your specific situation you are going to need help. Feel free to visit our site at http://www.CornerstoneNewHomeSolutions.com where you can search housing, areas and communities via several different search engines without pressure or obligation.

If you have any questions or need additional information we will be happy to help.

Stephen B. McClain, Broker Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions
512 876-3116
Cornerstone New Home Solutions.com
Good luck on your move to Texas! With having three kids, I'm sure school districts will be important. The Lake Travis school district and Leander ISD both have many exemplary schools, so you should definitely check into those schools and see what they have to offer for your kids. Check out their websites: http://www.laketravis.txed.net/laketravis/site/default.asp
http://www.leanderisd.org/
Let me know if you have any questions about those areas, and if you would like to see what rentals are available.
Brooke LeMond
Coldwell Banker United
512.284.0799
Web Reference: http://www.ppgtx.com
Congradulations on your decision to move to Austin. I am sure that you will like it here. The climate is great and their is no need to bring your snow shovel. Renting is a good decision and should be relativey easy. I suggest that you get with a realtor that does leasing. They will help you locate a property that fits your family and its lifestyle.

As a non-resident alien you will be able to buy a home after you have settled in and make sure that this is where you want to stay for a while.

If you have any questions on Austin, since I am a native to the Austin area, don't hesititate to drop me an email or give me a call.
Hello, Ureddington family,

You mentioned "renter", so let's talk about rental properties. Coming from NY (is it the city or the State?), you will be pleasantly surprised with the much lower rents in Austin. Even though the rental market is booming and rents have increased in the past year, compared to New York they are still very affordable. Depending on the neighborhood, you can rent a 3-4 bedroom home starting at $1200/mo. The suburbs are less expensive and the children can still go to a good school. It is always a good idea to rent before you buy when you move to a new city, it will give you time to familiarize yourselves with the city and what it has to offer and then decide on where you want to buy a home for the long run. Relocating is stressful, but also exciting. I would love to be the agent helping you find your first place in Austin.
Vivianne
512-554-5997
Meant to add that my friend would certainly take the time to share his experiences if you were interested - hit send too quickly!
Welcome to Austin! I have a good friend who ultimately found his way to Austin from Ireland. He's now a lender. He loves the town, is about to take his kids to Ireland for their first visit as he reconnects with family. Anyway, you'll like that Texas does not have an income tax (coming from NY), and the people are fantastic. I'm certain you are getting lots of good advice here, absorb as much as you can and ask lots of questions. Make people earn your trust and business.

Web Reference: http://www.crowehomes.com
Dear Mr. and Ms. Reddington,

Thank you for your question. Austin is a fabulous city. With your three children, I can offer you very deep knowledge of all of the school systems, both public and private, in the area. I am a former teacher, coordinator, director, and assistant superintendent of schools in several districts in our area. And after 6 years, I have a deep knowledge of the real estate market and am familiar with all of the areas of our city. Together, we will find the perfect home in the perfect area with the perfect schools, shopping, and roadways for your family. Please feel free to visit my website at http://www.melaniedamron.com. We can look at both new construction and existing resale homes. Also, the mortgage broker with whom I work is very familiar with helping clients from other coutries.
I would be privileged to be available to you for a phone interview. At that time you may determine if I am the best REALTOR for you.
Warmly,
Melanie Damron
The first thing you need to know is my services are free to you... no fees. The beauty of Austin is that it has a full range of housing, some fine schools, it cares about people being people. If you can give me job location or price range and features... like a big yard, close to elementary school, bus routes, the things that make a house a home for you, I will be glad to email you prospective homes to look at .... and we can narrow down the areas, homes, ammenities that work for you. Char Jockman, Texas Trails Realty 512.415.0709
Dear Ureddington-

Austin as you can imagine has so much to offer, education, government, high tech, and small business opportunities to name a few. You should consider a real estate agent experienced in relocation and they can provide you with a number of sources of information as they pertain relocating to Austin. Depending on your needs and interests you can pair down the wealth of information. All have access to the MLS to ease your home search to rent or purchase and depending on where you live in NY it can be very different, so highlighting your immediate needs is very important.

Two sites I would suggest you to investigate - http://www.austinrelocationguide.com/ is a very helpful site all about Austin. And you can also learn more via http://www.austinreloservice.com.

Above good luck in you move to Austin, Texas!

Jay
Hello, If you already have a job lined up, you can tell me a little about where you will be working and a little about what your housing plans are (ie: rent, buy, etc.). I can send you homes available for you to either rent or buy and start educating you about the neighborhoods and school systems in or near that area and the entertainment for adults and children in and around that area; information such as parks, recreation centers, etc.

Let me know if I can help. You can email me directly at patrick.hoag@hoaghomes.com or call me directly at 512-203-6441.

I wish you the best! Let me know how I can help,

Pat
Web Reference: http://www.hoaghomes.com
what would you like to know?
Feel free to contact me direct here with your exact needs and details.
http://www.shawnmon.com/atj/user/AdditionalGetAction.do?page…

You'll also find quite a bit of info on my website about the area.

Look forward to hearing from you folks.
Web Reference: http://www.ShawnMon.com