Moving in Sammamish>Question Details

hlmahaffey, Home Owner in Sammamish, WA

should i move to sammamish?

Asked by hlmahaffey, Sammamish, WA Sun Dec 2, 2012

i have kids and well my husbands job pays really well but i never spoil my kids and i hear that people in sammamish are really spoiled and i dont want my kids to become spoiled like kids their but the schools are really good and we found a great house that we all love. help should we move to sammamish/

Answers

8
I agree with everything that Dan has said here...I found this wonderful community in 2001 after swearing off the "Plateau." My family and I love the community and there are plenty of great down to earth parents that don't give their kids everything :)

Here are some other great resources
http://www.eastsiderealestateblogger.com/sammamish-wa
Himahaffey,
I'm another local, since 1988. We moved here intentionally because we thought it was a great place to raise our 3 kids. Sure, there are some folks that are better off than others, but that will always be the case. Our schools are great and there are wonderful opportunities to get involved with kids sports, karate, dance, music & drama, scouting, youth groups as well as hiking, biking and just being a kid.
Chances are, if you are willing to ask the question you're doing a good job raising them and they won't be spoiled no matter where you choose to live.
Let one of us know if you have any specific questions we can help with and welcome to the Plateau.
Sammamish is becoming more and more popular and as to the issue of the children being "spoiled", there is no difference from any other good neighborhood in Kirkland Bellevue Redmond or Issaquah.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Hi hlmahaffey,

I have lived in and sold Sammamish for over 20 amazing years. The schools are excellent, homes are almost all built in the 1970s and newer. I would suggest, as a parent who has raised my children here, that whether or not they become spoiled is up to you, the parents and the guidelines you set for them. I feel no matter where you go, there will be spoiled children and mistreated children.

If you would like to get in depth details on schools, demographics, and all the homes available in Sammamish, check out http://www.buyandsellseattlerealestate.com . You can enter any city in the Seattle area, search for homes and get lots of demographics and other charts at the Market Insider tab.

I can also send you a book via snail mail that is very descriptive of all the neighborhoods in the Seattle Metropolitan area.

Warm Regards,
Karen
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
I have lived in Sammamish since before it was Sammamish...starting in 1982. We raised two daughters here, both are now college graduates and doing well in life (though both live out of state now).

Sammamish was a great place to raise our kids. We feel like it was safe, they got an excellent education and had (still have) great friends here.

Both had their eyes opened a bit when they went off to college and saw other parts of the world and discovered that there are less fortunate people out there that are doing fine too. I think Sammamish gave them a solid foundation.

I've helped a lot of families buy homes in Sammamish over the past 15 years (started my brokerage in 1997). I have not had a single family yet tell me they regretted their move to Sammamish.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
hlmahaffey,
I too am a Sammamish resident since 2004. I love that you are concerned for your children and their well being. In the course of my time here I have come to love everything about this community. especially the attention that is given to our children and grandchildren. I think where you find good schools homes low crime rate grate attention to community parks, trails and activity centers you can not go wrong.

Good luck with your decision.

Chuck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
where does husband work
where do you live now
where do your kids go to school now
there are many great prople and spoiled people everywhere
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Of course they're going to be spoiled, hlmahaffey; if you want them to grow up with a real nitty-gritty experience, buy a camper and give away all your worldly possessions and live with the impoverished and underprivileged.

Or, you can buy the house in Sammamish and teach your iphone the difference between there and their.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012