Moving in Austin>Question Details

Sherry,  in Carriere, MS

minimal upkeep property, no stairs

Asked by Sherry, Carriere, MS Thu Jan 16, 2014

I am looking to re-locate to Austin, I'm a middle aged single professional woman. I don't want the upkeep of a big house, but I want privacy and a greenspace for my dogs to run free. Is there a market near downtown (I'll be working there most of the time) that has something comparable to a Garden Home?

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Austin

Let me know if you need to be connected to a realtor in Austin, I know of a good one that will be able to help you.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!

I live and work downtown. What you are looking for is definitely attainable. I am happy to help you find your perfect place. Give me a call or email.

Justin Poses
Premier Texas Realty
Check out for some new homes close to DT and area 5-10 miles from
Hello Sherry,

Closer to downtown, there are a lot of cute, smaller homes. Please feel free to search for homes at this website You'll also have access to other information such as neighborhoods, drive times, etc. If you're interested, I can also send you an Austin Relocation guide. I love Austin so much, I've moved here twice. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Anna Culina
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Texas Realty
Sherry, depending on your price range the short answer is yes. I work in that area quite often and there are many areas close to Downtown that would fit your criteria. In fact I was looking at a few listings for another client just today and will be happy to discuss those with you.

When you have some time, feel free to give me a call and I will be happy to discuss what you're looking to do, your price range, financing, etc. all at no cost to you. I represent buyers for free and have excellent lenders, inspectors, etc. on my team. I happen to be one of the top agents in the greater Austin area and only use the best service providers. By the way, it mentions that you are a "Real Estate Pro"… is that a typo or are you in real estate as well? Either way, I'd be happy to help you. I have quite an extensive list of very satisfied clients. Feel free to call me anytime from 10 AM to 8 PM central time and I will be happy to do what I can to help! Thanks, Joe

PS – did you see the article in Forbes that Austin just got ranked "The place to be"? If you have not seen that article yet I will be happy to send it to you.

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415
Yes, there are options. Single story is a little more challenging considering a lot townhomes have a 2 story floor plan. Please feel free to contact me anytime, and I would be happy to discuss your options without obligation.

Steve Nusinow
Hi Sherry. Yes, there aew options near open green space, esp near Zilker Park, Town Lake, etc. I'd recommend browsing near central downtown near Barton Springs, Zilker and Town Lake/Ladybird lake online. My dogs love that area as well as numerous dog parks central north of UT, which could also be an option. You may view my site and search the area within your price range. You may also filter condos, townhomes etc. You'll want to of course be well-aware of HOA fees for condos (some have yards). Bull Creek area is also a favorite for dog owners, west central near highways 2222/360. Thanks for asking and nice to see dog lovers out there. Steve
I know Austin is a beautiful City and you will be happy however Lots of young college age people, which I really love.

good Luck