Moving in Columbus>Question Details

New, Other/Just Looking in Columbus, GA

hi we are thinking of moving to Columbus,GA. Can you suggest a good safe placewith good school system?

Asked by New, Columbus, GA Thu Aug 13, 2009

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Columbus

Answers

5
Beaver Run is a good, established neighborhood. Very safe, in Midland, but not too far from downtown Columbus. Mathews elementary, Midland Middle, are very good schools, rated 8 or above in great school.net.
What price range are you looking in? Many of the neighborhoods that have already been mentioned may be out of your price range. I could give you a more accurate suggestion if I knew your price range.
We have several wonderful neighborhoods in Columbus. Many are "tucked away" without crazy traffic and noise. Some of the more popular, upscale neighborhoods are are Green Island Hills, Brookstone, Sears Woods, and Hilton. If you are looking in the the range of $150's to $200's there is Windsor Park, Lakebottom. Garrett Creek and Mohina Woods.
Midland Georgia is on the northside, quiet and good schools.
North Columbus is definitely the nicer side of town. I would not live anywhere south of Macon Road. Schomburg Rd, Blackmon Rd, Double Churches Road.. these are all nice places to live.