Moving in 07920>Question Details

Macky, Home Buyer in 08844

hi - can someone advice on how long and easy it is to commute from basking ridge to rutgers in piscataway ? is it shorter from one part of BR?

Asked by Macky, 08844 Tue Aug 9, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Moving in 07920

Answers

8
Hi Maky, from almost anywhere in Basking Ridge, you can access route 287 south, it is a straight run down to Rutgers and will take you approximately 25 minutes.
Hello Maky-
My husband does this commute daily so I am very familiar witih the traffic pattern. He leaves our house in Basking Ridge (in The Hills section which is the southernmost part of Basking Ridge off of exit 22 on 287) at 7:10-7:20. If he leaves later than that he is subject to getting caught in the congestion of 287S. He arrives at his office in North Brunswick on Georges Road by 7:50-7:55. The balance of the time is spent on Easton Road or River Road where traffic can be much more challenging. So if you are getting off and heading straight to campus then it shouldn't take you more than 25-30 minutes, the further down those other roads you go, that is where you will loose time.

Please do not hesistate to contact me if I can help you in your search.
Everyone has explained the easy commute from Basking Ridge. Is time an issue for your commute ie: rush hour 7am-9am? Travelling on 287 South during morning rush hour will back up (bumper-to-bumper) before the exit for US Rt 22E until you reach the Piscataway exits.
Hi there, this will be an easy commute - you can jump on 287 or 78 to 287 - no problem. Time wise, I'd say give yourself 30 minutes and you'll probably beat it most days. I used to do this drive for swim meets back in the day. Let me know if you need assistance finding a home in the Basking Ridge area.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Easy - I take the shortcut down to Rt 28 in Bound Brook then 287S to Easton Ave or River Rd. So living in the Liberty Corner area would be shorter...for example Society Hill, The Cedars.
Maky,
Grew up in Piscataway and lived in Basking Ridge for a time. Also had a friend who worked at exit 33 on Route 78 in Basking Rdige. It is usually better to cut straight through Warren or Bridgewater on King George Road or Liberty Corner/Martinsville Road. It can save you up to 5-10 minutes at times. The southern side of Basking Ridge(below Lyons Road) is the closer side by up to 5 minutes. Let me know if you need more info.
Don Hansen
Century 21 New Beginnings
908-647-2000
908-500-0116(mobile)
Hi Maky,
If you live on the southern end of town your commute will shorten by five minutes. There are various ways to get to Rutgers, the route of choice is Interstate 287. If you choose not to use the highway there are other ways that would add 5 to 10 minutes to your trip.
Bill Roller
Kienlen Lattmann Sotheby's International Realty
908- 696-8673
Maky,
It should take you about 1/2 hour. Anywhere close to I-78 exit 33 or near I-287 exit 20 would be the closest.
Please let me know if you are looking for condo, townhome or a house in Basking Ridge. I will be happy to help you find it.
Alma Aguayo, Weichert Realtors 908-672-2222