Moving in Sanibel>Question Details

Buttons, Both Buyer and Seller in Sanibel, FL

best place to move to in florida

Asked by Buttons, Sanibel, FL Sat Apr 16, 2011

i live in ri and love fla. i am considering to move to florida by next spring. I want to rent a home and need a nice a nice community, low crime and all that city crap.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Sanibel

Answers

15
Sanibel & Captiva is one of the most unique set of Islands 35 minutes away from an International airport and still be in the United States. No stop lights , no street lights and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world not to mention Sanibel is the 2nd best shelling spot in the world. Only 6500 year round residents.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 16, 2012
Wow, I just read all of those answers. Very confusing, especially if you're not familiar with the areas. Any Realtor wanting to sell you is going to want to sell you their area, myself included. However, ... I would want your referral after you had been a happy customer. If you were not happy with your new location you would not be that happy customer.

My suggestion would be to possibly Rent someplace at first and explore. Go to the different areas. Look at Retirement communities, Gated communities and regular neighborhoods.

If you rent at first you wont be locked in to an area that you may not like. While you are renting, you can contact a couple realtors in different areas (or 1 realtor willing to travel) and see which part of Florida you would like to live in.

Of course I'm partial to Southwest due to the climate, but some people might not like all of the sunshine and warm weather. My sister opted for north Florida. She likes it cold. However, If I can be of any assistance to you pleas let me know and I hope this helped.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 4, 2011
According to many sources, the beginning of the tropics, Vero Beach Florida is one of the "BEST small towns in America," often listed in magazine lists of best places to retire, noted by CNN as one of the top choices for future potential appreciation of value, and enjoys the qualities you are seeking. Vero Beach amenities include professional theatre, art museums, outstanding fishing and other sports. In addition, the air quality and water quality rank among the best in the nation -- an enjoyable and healthy choice. If you would like to explore property listings that fit your specific criteria, feel free to contact us. Jeff and Ginny Mitchell, Coldwell Banker, Ed Schlitt Realtors, at ginny@MyVeroBeachRealEstate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 16, 2011
Weston is in the top 20 the most desirable city for relocation nationwide.
We like Naples for the property taxes and ROI. Contact us when you are ready.
As you may already know, Lee County real estate is my specialty and I get a tremendous amount of enjoyment from helping home buyers like yourself find the perfect house. I especially enjoy helping retirees find the perfect destination in Florida to enjoy their golden years on a golf course, beach, or wherever their heart desires.

I can honestly recommend living in most parts of Southwest Florida. But the best real estate in Lee County that I’ve found, is right here in Cape Coral. In my new eBook, I give you the Top 12 Reasons to Retire in Cape Coral, Florida. In this FREE eBook, you’ll learn:

•How Floridians benefit from no state income tax and low property taxes
•How low the cost of living is in Cape Coral compared to other cities in America
•Where to find the best restaurants and places of entertainment

There is plenty more in this eBook to pique your interest. You can download it for absolutely free by clicking the icon to your right. OR you can simply stay tuned to CapeCoralRealEstateInformation.com over the next few months as I share the tips from the eBook with you.

If you’ve been searching for a home in this area and you need a Lee County Realtor® to answer all of your questions, I’m more than happy to help. Please contact me online or call (239) 565-7867. I’ll even send you a FREE Cape Coral Map if you’d like!

A.J.
Web Reference: http://www.ackermanswfl.com
Check out Harmony.

http://www.harmonyfl.com/

You'll be glad you did.
Hello Buttons,

I did the same thing you are contemplating doing, about 6 years ago. My husband and I always vacationed at a Florida beach, varying East and West Coast locations. Although we love the southwest Gulf Coast and also the Jupiter Hobe Sound areas, we chose the central Panhandle community of Port St. Joe for our relocation. We both could not be happier. This place is still the Old Florida I remember when I was younger. It is beautiful, quiet, low crime, no traffic, no highrises. Absolutely too quiet for some!

We are located about 50 miles east of Panama City and about 100 miles west of Tallahassee. What is not available locally, can be found at either of those cities. We also had a new hospital open here in 2010.

We also have seasons here. Coming from RI, adjusting to constant warm, humid weather can be a challenge. We have generally mild winters, with an occasional freeze. But generally, when we freeze, so does the rest of the state!!

My advice would be to take some more vactions, visit the towns of Apalachicola, Port. St. Joe, Mexico Beach, and surrounding areas. St. George Island is a lovely place to vacation and launch your exploration.

Here is a link for you to follow: http://www.forgotten-florida.com

Also, try renting for a year no matter where you go, to be certain you have a fit.

Good Luck!!

Paula Kroll, Broker Associate
Beach Realty of Cape San Blas
paula@flbeaches.net
http://www.flbeaches.net
850-370-6295
If you hope to own, with low rates now, you should consider Naples. Read our articles at our website. Here is link to the most recently published article.

http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/browser/news_info/naples…
Safe to say from the answers below there is alot to choose from! Have personaly been to many of these areas including Vero Beach/Sebastian, New Smyrna Beach, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota, Boca Raton, West Palm, Fort Lauderdale, Port St Lucie, Jupiter, Marco Island/Naples, Stewart but absoluetly love the Florida Keys(especially Islamorada). Best of Luck
Buttons,

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. The best place I can point you is a brief blog I did about the Jupiter area;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/jupiter-rocks/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Just Friday we were out with a client form New York who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com
Weston, FL
Because Weston is a planned community, local realtors often say that "everything is located exactly where it should be."
Golf courses dot the landscape, and Weston Regional Park is a weekend destination for families. The venue for the Florida Panthers hockey team is just a short drive away.

Carved out of the Florida Everglades, Weston is a bedroom community for commuters to Fort Lauderdale and Miami.
BusinessWeek ranked Weston as one of the "best affordable suburbs" in the United States
Tougn to beat the North Naples through Estero area.......Everything you need is all there.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Bonita-Estero-RealEstate.com
In a word, Sarasota. Wherever you decide, be sure to use an exclusive buyer agent!
Web Reference: http://seesarasotalive.com/
Buttons,

If you haven't visited the Sarasota/Venice area you may be missing a real opportunity. Voted several times as the best location to retire the area offers excellent and affordable housing, ideal weather, education, a multitude of recreational options, social & cultural opportunities, and an unsurpassed quality of living.

We challenge people to visit the area and experience the charm and wonderful lifestyle that lures people here. Centrally located, you are an easy drive to Tampa/St. Pete, Orlando, Ft. Myers, and Naples.

Plan a visit to find out why so many people fondly refer to the area as "Paradise."

Bill Eckler

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363