Moving in Denver>Question Details

cneilson4, Renter in Denver, CO

Young couple in mid 20's looking for cheap, safe rental unit near downtown Denver, CO.

Asked by cneilson4, Denver, CO Mon Mar 3, 2014

We are relocating to the area in a month or two using our savings and will secure work while we are living there. Both have a great employment/rental history so finding a job should not be too difficult. However, we need a rental company willing to let us sign a lease despite not having a position officially lined up yet. Any thoughts?

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Denver

Answers

10
I do know of a unit becoming available around the Santa Fe art district, however if I were a Landlord (and especially as demand is high) I would be wanting a guarantee of jobs. I would suggest renting an apartment where you can go month to month until you secure job positions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 3, 2014
Hey Julie, I actually got the job situation figured out because my boss here will allow me to continue doing recruiting from a home desk until I secure new employment. Do you have any details on the unit you mentioned?
Flag Tue Mar 4, 2014
Yes, checking the rental listings is your best bet. Craigslist includes price and a description. You might look west of Santa Fe Drive for any rentals. You can also find some cheap rents around Dora Moore School.

Supply is the main problem. But don't get discouraged. A lot of the young set are very mobile. Get on a list as soon as you can.

And good luck!

Suz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 3, 2014
I think you should have no problem finding a place if your employment and rental history checks out and you can prove sufficient savings to pay for the place. Beware of scams in the Denver area. Check out West Wash Park, Baker, Speer for close to downtown places. Would recommend The Brittany House!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 3, 2014
Be very, very careful of scams. There are a lot of them going around the rental market right now in the Denver Metro area. Do not send a check to anyone unless you have verified they are the owner of the property for rent or are authorized to manage the property. If it seems too good to be true it is. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 3, 2014
I don't know how cheap it is but there is a rental advertised as:

Stunning Red Brick Denver Square - Fully Updated (Hot Water Heat, New Hardwood Floors, New Kitchen, New Baths, Fresh Paint, New Windows, New Three Car Garage, New Plumbing, New Electrical and SO much more). Must see home offering 4 beds, two baths AND a basement 2-bedroom rental. See it today - Rick Flanagan with Red Chair Realty 303-748-0317
CNeilson4,

You might want to contact DenverRentals.com TYhey may be able to work with you in your special situation. Also put a request out on Craigslist.com, but be very careful with the responses. There are some rental scammers working the Denver area right now.

RobertMcGuire33@gmail.com
Hello!

I used to work in property management and there are a lot of apartment communities that now will just require an additional deposit when you apply for the apartment. At my community, it was generally equal to one month's rent and would be reimbursed upon move out! I would call communities that you two are interested in before touring to ensure that this is something that they do!

I hope that helps and 'Welcome to Denver!'

Ashleigh McLean

Associate Broker
Madison & Company
(303) 847 - 2312
http://www.madisonprops.com
I find this website to be helpful for my clients!
http://www.denver.org/metro/neighborhoods

If you have any more questions you can email me @ MorganAnderson85@gmail.com!

I have lived in Denver for 20+ years and live in Capitol Hill:)
Wow, I didn't expect so many helpful responses! I really appreciate all the help and support. I actually just talked to my boss yesterday about moving out there and he's going to continue to let me do recruiting from home (nice to have a job where you can work from home just as easily!). So now it's just a matter of finding the right apartment. I'll look into the areas everyone has suggested!
If you're looking for a rental you're better off searching on a rental site like rent.com, hotpads.com, or craigslist. Contact the landlord or property manager directly. Be careful about rental scams, make sure you meet the landlord in person, view the home before signing anything (If they dont have access to the property, something is wrong), and only work with someone local, don't wire money to anyone. Good luck.