Moving in Florida>Question Details

Kitkat, Home Buyer in Florida

Where in south florida is the best place to raise a family. My kids are young still and want the best education for them also want be be near places

Asked by Kitkat, Florida Tue Oct 13, 2009

that offer lots of activities to enrich them mind body and soul. An area that is layed back not metro so much but not to far away from the city life. Moving from philly need a big change. Also maybe intrested in barns for horses.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Florida

Answers

5
KitKat, have you looked into central Florida?
Now I was born in South Fla as was my mother and my Grandmother and my Grandfather
so I have a 120 year understanding of south Florida, and I know Philly, Media, West Chester, and you may want to look at central Florida - have you heard of Ocala horses???
I highly recommend Palm Beach County, especially the Jupiter and Juno Beach area...lovely neighborhoods, and you can choose from condos to gated SFH areas, waterfront on salt water canels, to farm and rural areas...great schools, very family friendly with lots of parks and fabulous beaches! I live in Tampa area now, but I was raised in the Jupiter area, and I have always thought it offered what was best about Florida. If you would like to have someone show you around, let me know and I will be happy to recommend someone for you.
When I look up school ratings in my area (ca. Fort Lauderdale to Delray Beach), communities in West Broward county as well as South Palm Beach - especially Boca Raton - consistently come up at the top. I'm partial to Boca - totally different than it's glitz image, especially east Boca.

Single Family Homes that actually allow horses on the lot can be found in both areas. If you are interested please contact me; I'd be happy to help you.

Tobias Kaiser, MS, CIPS
Greater Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Broker + Consultant
Certified International Property Specialist
Director, Realtors Commercial Alliance of Greater Fort Lauderdale
954.561.0066
Hi Kitkat,

We settleed in Sandoval, a gated family community in Cape Coral Florida. I have attached a link below to the site becuase there is just too much to say about it. Homes can be purcahsed from about $215,000 and up. there also may be some short sales available.

http://www.meetsandoval.com/

If you want horses, I know of a couple listings here in Cape Coral that have barns and would accomodate horses.

Please contact me directly at 239-246-6639 if interested.

Kevin Cloutier
Keller Williams World Class Realty
Hi Kitkat,

Boynton Beach has a beautiful new neighborhood called Equus. Equus has estate sized homes, some on large lots where you could even build a horse barn in the back. They also have stables across the street that can be rented, or you could buy a stable that is a condo unit. This neighborhood has a riding trail around it.

There is another area in Boynton that is older and has homes on lots of 1+ acres where you can have horses. There is currently a house listed for $695,000 that is 5 bedrooms, 5 1/2 baths on 1.68 acres.

Boynton Beach is close to museums, theaters, the beach. About 1.5 hours from Miami and 1/2 hour from Palm Beach.

Please call me if you would like more information.

Nadine Mauro
The Herman Group Real Estate
561-414-0864
NadineMauroRE@yahoo.com